Sign in to follow this  
YukonPete

P3D4.4 crash DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG Prepar3D v4

That particular error is caused when the GPU is overclocked, the ratio of power to the GPU vs the settings in performance do not match. I went into NVIDIA and had this problem with my GTX2060. Removing the OC and maintaining balance helped prevent this. 

Hi gentlemen,
hope everyone is well…
I'm looking for some help again…
recently I reset my PC and reinstall the P3d V4.5... using the latest driver on NVIDIA Gforce GTX760, and for some weeks I was able to fly with no issues, but my PC was a bit unstable, so I had to update all the drivers (usb, bios, peripherals, etc...) and then guess what?!
Yep, the DXGI error again, and again…
I've been through the fóruns (Lockheed, Nvidia, and many more) have done a lot of changes, like the REGEDIT addition, downclock, overclock, silent mode, Vsinc on and Off, nVidia driver update and down to 397.64, CCleaner registry cleanup, Win update, etc, etc… you name it… so many stuff that I can't even remember.

I used tweackbit Driver updater and even did a Restore to the previous point, but did not solve… At this stage I'm stuck.
For any instance do you happen to know any new magic trick to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your any support.
best regards.
Alexandre 

Edited by druco
type correction

So, sharing my thoughts and experiences here, in what worked for me:

First of all, to say that I was able to isolate the cause of the error, which was my second monitor, connected to the same graphics card, but in ANLOG.
So, whenever I turned off the second monitor, I stopped having the error.
But as the goal is to have both monitors working, I tried to find a solution that would allow this.

What I changed:
1. I used the RESET WINDOWS UPDATE TOOL, to remove the latest updates, mainly the KB ... 44 of FEB 13.

2. I installed the NVIDIa 417.71 driver

3. I turned off the AA (anti-aliasing) option, in the Nvidia Control Panel and in the P3D Settings.

4. I accelerated the fans to 70 in order to provide better cooling.

How am I able to tell if my GPU is overclocked?  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

On 3/17/2020 at 6:35 PM, Zimmerbz said:

How am I able to tell if my GPU is overclocked?  

I doubt it has anything to do with an overclocked GPU. I got the error yesterday and I never OC my GPU.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I never had this issue since I installed last nVidia drivers yesterday after a full clean reinstall of P3D 4.5. GPU is not OC. I'll try to revert to previous drivers and see what happens.

MSI Tomahawk B550, Ryzen 5800X3D, Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC, LG Ultragear 27GP850P, 32GB DDR4 RAM, ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280

So after reading some forums, tried a reinstall of the latest drivers but ticking "clean install", no crashes since.