Sign in to follow this  
pedwards

VERTX DA62 Update

Thanks for the info, Sean. Just to let you know, I usually don't like flying props in the sim. I prefer jets because things happen faster, so the workload and challenge is higher. But this plane... What a great product. To my surprise I've flown it more over the past week or two than I have any of my PMDG fleet. Just awesome. I've been absolutely impressed by every detail of this project, and I can tell it'll be a mainstay of my sim fleet from here on out. Really great work.

😊 Hi All,

Got a question about the DA62's G1000: I find that if I want to "direct-to" a waypoint further along the flight plan, highlighting the waypoint and pressing "Direct-to" has no effect. I have to key in the waypoint name letter-by-letter. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your advice! 😊

I'm not a big GA flyer but i have been thinking of purchasing an aircraft is the DA62 P3DV5 compatible yet.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, G-RFRY said:

I'm not a big GA flyer but i have been thinking of purchasing an aircraft is the DA62 P3DV5 compatible yet.  

I’ve thought about purchasing a few times also, however from what I read and understand, the developer has stopped supporting the product completely.
this is just what I’ve been reading, I can’t confirm it 100%.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

This aircraft is one of the ABSOLUTE GEMS of the GA world- along with everything that RealAir has ever produced.  Yes, real world events overtook development for a while, but it appears as though there is light at the end of the tunnel there.  Surely the world is more understanding today, than 4 months ago....  I for one am thrilled to hear from Sean once more, and will fully support anything he creates.

WELCOME BACK SEAN!

D53sdKI.jpg

js8uiRm.jpg

YzuUmft.jpg

AmQ2Xob.jpg

If you want to KNOW what harmonized controls and feel of flight are in a modern GA twin- this is your go to.  If you want superb modeling that stands up to the test of time, this is your go to.  The reason I faun over this creation, is that I have enjoyed Sean's past work for DECADES, and despite newer offerings, I STILL GO BACK AND FLY THEM- they are THAT good.

Yes, this girl could use some attention to get her to where she can fully realize her potential, but that will come.  I too would love to see the fixes requested, and particularly Navigraph navdata updating implemented. I do know however, that the underlying framework is there.  The genius of the creator is there, and my faith in Sean has never been misplaced.

Seeing him back here at AvSim has been a relief, and I can understand I'm not alone.  We have a window of "a few weeks" now instead of uncertainty.  That is cause for celebration in these unimaginable times.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

24 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I for one am thrilled to hear from Sean once more,

What? Thee @Sean Moloney? More info you have?

Edited by BillS511

+1...Yes please can you give us an update. There are a ton of people looking for a little hope that this thing gets updated. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

On 1/1/2019 at 7:57 PM, Sean Moloney said:

Sorry to disappoint you guys but 1.053 is a really minor update - the only difference over 1.052 is the exe files are now code-signed, meaning you won't get the Windows security warning messages any more. 1.052 fixed a bug introduced in 1.050. I'm still working on a more substantial update but that won't be for a couple of weeks.

A support forum is planned and hopefully it can be online sooner rather than later, but the time of year has made it a little hard to get things done this past week.

Sean
vertxsim.com

Gentlemen-

I appreciate the enthusiasm, however, this quote is my sole conduit of information.  I am like you, waiting.  I did install the update, and spent the next hour delighting in the experience of Innsbruck.  Out of 08 on the Valley Climb to Rattenburg, to the hold, inbound the LOC/DME East Special to do the circling visual into 08, crossing the Church at Axams and hand flying it all.  Superb!

There are very few things in life one can purchase for so little, that brings so much pleasure.  In the FS world, I have all too often bought an aircraft and flown it once or twice and tired of it.  I still delight in my RA Spit at Biggin Hill. I still delight in my RA Lancair, Decathalon and Turbine Duke.  One of my persistent regrets is that I didn't get the Piston Duke while it was available.

This creation of Sean's will blossom.  Meanwhile it has taught us all patience, and to appreciate quality.  I for one remain obliged.

Yg9wMK5.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

23 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm, however, this quote is my sole conduit of information.  I am like you, waiting.  I did install the update, and spent the next hour delighting in the experience of Innsbruck. 

I don't mean to be rude but your quote is from 1.5 years ago! Not sure how you think that you are helping things by doing that.  

• Upvote 5

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yes, I thought we were on to something here, but now I see this was dug up out of the weeds. The joke is on me I guess.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Apologies Gents-  someone resurrected this post, and in my excitement to "see" Sean back, I posted incorrectly.

The joke (..the Yolk and the egg) is on ME.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Apologies Gents-  someone resurrected this post, and in my excitement to "see" Sean back, I posted incorrectly.

The joke (..the Yolk and the egg) is on ME.

C

Totally understandable, you put the words VERTX and DA62 together and throw in the word "Sean", what else can happen? I've still got the last installer, but I already tried it once and it chewed up my little 6gig card but I keep that installer around in case something is figured out.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Stop digging up this zombie thread. The developer is gone, done, done for, fininished, finito, hasn't been seen since over a year. Isn't responding to E-Mails,et.c. No updates in sight.

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The developer is gone, done, done for, fininished, finito, hasn't been seen since over a year. Isn't responding to E-Mails,et.c. No updates in sight.

Yeah, may be true. You can still purchase the DA62, so who's getting the money?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1