Sign in to follow this  
jt233

Help with repaint.

Hello, so I am trying to make my own repaint for the PMDG 737-600. Everything was going ok until I went to use DXTBmp to convert the files to DDS. I was able to convert the wing file and the tail file to DDS but when I tried to save the master fuselage file it would not save at all so couldn't get it to convert. When I clicked save nothing would happen and no DDS file for the fuselage appeared in the appropriate folder. I edited the files in Photoshop then saved them as Targa files before opening them in DXTBmp. Any Ideas what I was doing wrong?

Thanks

Jason Thiers

Have you placed the textures in each of the fuselage 1, 2, and 3 files before saving them as DDS?

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

13 minutes ago, ozzieblr said:

Have you placed the textures in each of the fuselage 1, 2, and 3 files before saving them as DDS?

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean, I painted on the master fuselage file saved it as a Targa file and opened it in DXTBmp and did the flip image and alpha before saving it. Did the same with the wings and tail and was able to save those. Do I still need to copy the textures from the master file to the respective fuselage file?

Thanks 

Edited by jt233

Jason Thiers

10 hours ago, jt233 said:

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what you mean, I painted on the master fuselage file saved it as a Targa file and opened it in DXTBmp and did the flip image and alpha before saving it. Did the same with the wings and tail and was able to save those. Do I still need to copy the textures from the master file to the respective fuselage file?

Thanks 

You need to copy your completed texture file for the fuselage in three sections, and place them into the pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_1, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_2, pmdg_737NGX_fuselage_3 files, doing the flip and save as DDS just like you seem to have already done for the wings and tail files.  The fuselage_master file has a paint regions layer which shows you where each of the three sections are located.  Good luck!

If you still have trouble let me know and I can possibly arrange to help you.

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!