Sign in to follow this  
LTCSZ

Which 3 Orbx Sceneries To Buy?

Silly question as everyone will give different answers.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

29 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Silly question as everyone will give different answers.

Yes,  They are called suggestions 🙂  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, mwilk said:

It was extended for another 24 hours.

True, but there was a catch...After buying my first  4 Orbx products I got an email from Orbx saying the sale was extended to  0100, Jan 2.   A half hour ago I had 2 more products in my cart, was ready to buy and then saw that the sale was over. It expired at 0100 Z...

I didn't notice the Z part.

No Orbx for me... Timing is everything. Missed it by 18 minutes.

Anyone have suggestions for good substitutes for Orbx Global, and Vector?

Edited by kevinc5
clarity

Well, to be fair the sale ran for pretty much the entire month of December so I'm not sure I would say missed it by 18 minutes. That said, they do run sales several times throughout the year so if you can wait I would suggest doing so for Orbx global. Vector on the other hand I use Ultimate terrain for landclass, road, and waterway data. It's regional data versus global, but I personally think despite its age is still the better product.

• Upvote 2

- Aaron

4 hours ago, slait said:

Well, to be fair the sale ran for pretty much the entire month of December so I'm not sure I would say missed it by 18 minutes. That said, they do run sales several times throughout the year so if you can wait I would suggest doing so for Orbx global. Vector on the other hand I use Ultimate terrain for landclass, road, and waterway data. It's regional data versus global, but I personally think despite its age is still the better product.

Thanks... I've been out of simming for 3 years or so...I may have some UT in my old FSX parts bin.

Edited by kevinc5
spelling