Sign in to follow this  
ols500

PMDG Stutters on landing (Audio Callouts I suspect)

Hi, I am having stutters with my 777 on final. Whenever there is a callout there's a stutter, so I decided t disable them and... no stutters, but I don't know when to flare so I end up slamming her into the ground and getting -500fpm... There's obviously something wrong with my system, please help me.

Specs:

i5 8600K @4.9Ghz

GTX 1060 6GB

16GB DDR4 3000Mhz dual memory

Z370-P

Thanks, Ollie Seaward.

Edited by ols500

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

Practice, practice, practice.  The Radio Altimeter is your friend, but absent the verbal callouts, you need to get used to visual cues on rotating and reducing power at the flare point.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes I know, but It would be nice to have verbal callouts like in real life. All I would want to know is a fix for these stutters.

I would say to have a look at your audio settings. Both in the sim and pmdg aircraft as well as out side the sim.

Yes, my two speakers are plugged in properly. I've looked around and it seems the issue is caused by conflicting audio drivers?

1 hour ago, ols500 said:

Yes, my two speakers are plugged in properly. I've looked around and it seems the issue is caused by conflicting audio drivers?

possible.

there is a freeware tool "Driver Booster" that was recommended to me in the Avsim CTD guide. It will check for outdated drivers and update them. I had very VERY old drivers in use and after updating them I have got a much better sim stability. I also got rid of those stutters you write about, however I had them when firing up the A2A Bonanza and the F1 GTN units. Probably worth a try. Make sure you read the setup process so that you don't accidentally install any tool bars or similar.

Conflicting audio drivers would be the most likely cause here.  Make sure that if you are using the on board audio that any other is inactive. One likely source is the NVidia HD Audio, which I always disable because I do not use audio from the video card.

There are also various options to preload audio, I'm a little fuzzy on these but the Introduction document is a good place to look into this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

I have disabled Nvidia HD audio already. What I'm going to try tomorrow is in the "Sounds" menu of the 777  to set all sounds to "Preload all".

Ollie.

16 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

there is a freeware tool

I generally do not advise to go for a self-proclaimed super duper software. If you know your hardware just jump to your mobo manufacturer and download their drivers.

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

3 hours ago, 30K said:

I generally do not advise to go for a self-proclaimed super duper software. If you know your hardware just jump to your mobo manufacturer and download their drivers.

That‘s what I normally do too. However there are so many USB drivers, audio drivers and all that stuff you are almost not aware of, that I had drivers from 2015 and 14, although the computer is from 16. This tool in particular will show the drivers, but doesn‘t update them until you tell it to do.