Sign in to follow this  
LuiAD1983

FSXcenery KLEX Blue Grass Airport problem

Hey guys,

i purchased the KLEX Blue Grass airport addon from FSXcenery today and have had nothing but trouble with it.

First of all, all the jetways are missing. Just the Gate numbers are like floating in the air.

And secondly, when i load my PMDG 737ngx at any of those gates it crashes immediatly. I mean the sim thinks i crashed the plane. 

I dont have this problem with any other addon airport i have.    

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Luis

3 hours ago, LuiAD1983 said:

First of all, all the jetways are missing. Just the Gate numbers are like floating in the air.

Make sure scenery complexity is set to normal or higher.

3 hours ago, LuiAD1983 said:

And secondly, when i load my PMDG 737ngx at any of those gates it crashes immediatly. I mean the sim thinks i crashed the plane. 

In the realism section of your FSX settings, make sure ignore crashes is ticked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

With "ignore crashes" checked, you can, at least, see how your aircraft sits on the tarmac.  It will either be buried up to it's knees in asphalt or floating in the air.  I suspect a problem with conflicting afcads.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for your answers. The scenery complexity is set to highest setting. Is there a way for me to check for conflicting AFCADS or disable one?  

Does anybody have experience with scenery from FSXcenery?

How did your aircraft look?  Other than the default scenery for that airport, did you install any other scenery for that area, not counting the payware airport?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

It actually looks fairly normal, other than parked very close to the building and kinda crooket on the centerline. And i did not install any scenery for that area. Except for ultimate terrain USA which i guess covers that area too.  

Just to add, after the first time installing it, it did not show up at all. Everything was default. After a lot of research and reinstalling a few times i got the scenery to work with manually adding the lines in the scenery.cfg. But then i noticed the above mentioned problems. Jetways and ground markings arround the jetways missing and the taxi lines seem off. 

Edited by LuiAD1983

Is the airport scenery at the top of your library list?

Charlie Aron