Sign in to follow this  
Wringoon

Strange sky effect

HI Folks,

This is my first post so hi everyone and Happy New Year, I would like to know if the sky effect I'm getting is related to DX10 or if I have a more in depth problem with FSX?,  I've always had this effect in FSX DX10 so I know it's not caused by DX10 fixer problem, my problem is when I view aircraft from a control tower the sky is cut neatly in half  by a band of high level clouds (not noticeable with just blue skies) also clouds around aircraft seem to be cut like an invisible ball around and following aircraft?, I get around problem by flying in cloudless weather if I wont to view aircraft from control tower, it's not present in DX9!, is this normal DX10 behaviour or is something else going on?

Yes you are correct.  If you zoom out in tower view then the camera clip planes seem to cut off the high level clouds much more than in dx9. I have never noticed that before and no one has ever mentioned it either.  The tower view always cuts off scenery in the distance but as you say the dx10 engine also cuts off the high level clouds as well.

You could try editing the camera.cfg and experiment changing the clipmode for the tower views to be e.g spot rather than tower.

Steve, thank you for your prompt reply!, ok that is great, at least nothing silly going on with my FSX, will experiment with your suggestions, thank you for your amazing product!!!

Regards Steve

Hi Steve,

I had a little play with the camera.cfg and changed the clipmode to Spot instead of Tower, worked a treat!!, flypast with clouds!!! thank you again for the tip, you are a star!

Steve