Sign in to follow this  
mtr75

I'm falling through the earth - Scenery Issue

Hi all,

I have an issue where I have UTX caribbean, the Richer Simulations Antigua, and TropicalSim's TAPA airport all installed. When landing at the airport on Antigua, you go right through the runway to a runway below. See the video.

I queried the creator of the island scenery and he said I'd have to disable the addons 1 by 1 and see which one is creating the issue. Well, that much I knew. But the question is, what can I do about it? Is there any way to adjust the height of the terrain for the airport? The point is, I don't want any of the addons disabled, otherwise I wouldn't have them.

So what do you do when one addon changes the terrain elevation?

Prepar3d - TAPA / Antigua scenery issue

Had this happen to me with SEA.  It was where I had it loading among my other add-on scenery.  Sometimes it can be a default one, but for me, it was simply changing the load order.  Also, you could check if you have ORBX Vector installed, it could be an exclusion that is needed for it to work right.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Thanks. Any time I move a scenery up or down in the scenery library and click OK, when I go back in they are rearranged back to where they were. How do I make the changes actually keep?

Well I got the runway working by moving the scenery priorities around, but now the airport itself (TAPA from TropicalSim) is sort of smeared into the ground. So the runway environment is fine, but the buildings are basically just painted on the ground. An improvement, but not ideal.

Looks like a mesh issue to me. Do you have Orbx Vector installed? If so, you need to run the Vector airport elevation correction from the Vector control panel. 

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

On 1/4/2019 at 3:43 AM, Rockliffe said:

Looks like a mesh issue to me. Do you have Orbx Vector installed? If so, you need to run the Vector airport elevation correction from the Vector control panel. 

Hey, thanks a lot! I have UTX Tropical America and Caribbean; would the same apply?

2 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Hey, thanks a lot! I have UTX Tropical America and Caribbean; would the same apply?

Hmm, I think that is a landclass and scenery enhancement package? I suggest you disable the scenery and try the airport again where you are experiencing the issues to confirm one way or another if this is the cause. Now.... do you have Orbx products installed? If so, which ones? Vector?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776