Sign in to follow this  
rick_hang

FMC error message YBBN Err 01R Rwy n/A

Hi PMDG 747-438ER Pilots

My friend and I have started to create flight plans in the FMC. When I started a flight plan from YBBN to YMML, just after I typed in YBBN in page 1 of the route, An error message came up: YBBN Err: 01R Rwy N/A

I then went to DEP/ARR page and there were no runways and no SIDS listed, just nothing.

My friend started a flight plan WSSS to VHHH and just after entered WSSS, up came the error  WSSS 21Rwy N/A

I reinstalled Navigraph, but to no avail.  Has any other flight simmers come across this error?

Your help would be most appreciated

Regards

Richard

• Like 1

Sorry Rick, it's not much help but I tried it and had no such problems and everything worked normally.

All I can suggest is check that you have these two files in your Navdata folder: airports.dat and APT_RWY.dat.

David Porrett

Thanks David

You are in the right direction, APT_RWY.DAT is the culprit, I have got the fix from Navigraph and Peter Dawson's web plage

Regards

Rick

8 hours ago, rick_hang said:

Thanks David

You are in the right direction, APT_RWY.DAT is the culprit, I have got the fix from Navigraph and Peter Dawson's web plage

Regards

Rick

What was the fix Rick?  Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

11 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

What was the fix Rick?  Thanks.

Delete the APT_RWY.DAT (<sim root>\PMDG folder...if it's not there, it'll be in <sim root>\PMDG\NavData). This is so common that I'm somewhat surprised that you haven't run across a similar thread already, actually. "Runway N/A PMDG" into google gives you about 10 pages of solutions.

The next time you run the sim, it will rebuild.

Kyle Rodgers

4 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Delete the APT_RWY.DAT (<sim root>\PMDG folder...if it's not there, it'll be in <sim root>\PMDG\NavData). This is so common that I'm somewhat surprised that you haven't run across a similar thread already, actually. "Runway N/A PMDG" into google gives you about 10 pages of solutions.

The next time you run the sim, it will rebuild.

Thanks Kyle and please forgive me for not doing a search, I'm not into google, will never ever use it for personal reasons.  And yeah, I know other search engines would probably have shown it but it never even crossed my mind as I have like several million real life things going on in my life.

So thanks for going out of your way for me.

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks Kyle and please forgive me for not doing a search, I'm not into google, will never ever use it for personal reasons.  And yeah, I know other search engines would probably have shown it but it never even crossed my mind as I have like several million real life things going on in my life.

Other search engines, as you noted, would've given similar results. While I understand a busy life, your original post was 14 hours ago. The solution only showed up now. Granted, I'm sure you were doing other things in those 14 hours, but in the time you took to make all of these posts, you could've had your answer.

Don't get me wrong - as someone who keeps a very busy schedule - I understand a busy life, and can fall victim to similar mindsets ("too busy to do x"), but in the end, it's often better to just nail something down with a tiny bit of effort than to kick that can further down the road hoping someone else picks it up.

Glad to help, bit hoping the help includes a bit of that "here's how to fish" and not simply "here's your fish."

Kyle Rodgers

29 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Um, yeah, ok, thanks....

You're welcome...or am I detecting insincere attitude here?

Kyle Rodgers