Sign in to follow this  
Matt Piotrowski

Simbrief

I used the aircraft profile that simbrief gives you for the 747-8f and my fuel numbers and payload numbers were off. Whats the proper way to add a new aircraft in the editor? I looked and you have to enter in weights. Where do I find those?

Do you want to change the weights for the aircraft or the payload and fuel? I use the profiles for the aircraft without change. I suppose the supplied figures for the aircraft could be changed with information from the manuals. For payload you can either use the number of passengers and cargo weight or just ZFW. You can add extra fuel, contingency, etc but I believe it automatically computes the trip fuel. This is all done when preparing the new flight plan with drop down menus. 

New aircraft are added through a drop down menu. Scroll down to the type of aircraft. Then you fill in the registration number and so on. Check the user guide and tutorial. 

It's a great program and you can't beat the price. I have found some slight discrepencies with the projected fuel usage, but nothing radical. I attribute it to the actual weather encountered, the way I fly the aircraft, and to the plan just being projected numbers. 

Jim Erwin

1 hour ago, Jim Erwin said:

Do you want to change the weights for the aircraft or the payload and fuel? I use the profiles for the aircraft without change. I suppose the supplied figures for the aircraft could be changed with information from the manuals. For payload you can either use the number of passengers and cargo weight or just ZFW. You can add extra fuel, contingency, etc but I believe it automatically computes the trip fuel. This is all done when preparing the new flight plan with drop down menus. 

New aircraft are added through a drop down menu. Scroll down to the type of aircraft. Then you fill in the registration number and so on. Check the user guide and tutorial. 

It's a great program and you can't beat the price. I have found some slight discrepencies with the projected fuel usage, but nothing radical. I attribute it to the actual weather encountered, the way I fly the aircraft, and to the plan just being projected numbers. 

Jim Erwin

When I put in the zfw the cargo weight is a little off and the tow and gw isn't right either. How do I find the cargo weight? In the payload section?

Did you look into the doc of the plane? Go to the FCOM for the 8 or the 400 in chapter "Limitations". Here are the weights you have to enter in the plane profile of Simbrief when you add a plane. That's the way I proceed and the fuel numbers in flight are always really close to the flightplan . In real life, you are not always spot on too, winds, for example, are not exactly the same as expected. 

Regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

If the TOW and GW are not matching what you believe it should be, then I suppose you need to go into Simbrief and change the aircraft weights according to the FCOM as Pat said. The cargo weight and ZFW are variables. You enter whatever weight you want within the aircraft's limits for each flight. Check the guides provided by Simbrief for the way to enter these variable weights in the drop down menu for each flight. 

Jim Erwin

Rather than the FCOM, the best place to get DOW, MZFW, MGW, MTOW is from the aircraft.cfg file.  They will be listed as such and easy to find for 747/777 products.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

5 hours ago, downscc said:

Rather than the FCOM, the best place to get DOW, MZFW, MGW, MTOW is from the aircraft.cfg file.  They will be listed as such and easy to find for 747/777 products.

Thanks for the help.

I'm doing a flight and everything is fine. The only thing is I have a chkl non-normal sign on and the checklist says my hydraulic demand pump 4 pressure is low. I had it on aux when I started the engines and then I turned it to auto after the engines were running. No lights are on either, even when I press recall.

I can't override the checklist either.

Edit: Everything is fine now. Why did that pop up? I had demand pump 4 on aux and after startup put it to auto. Is this correct? Am I supposed to put demand pump 1 to aux also?

Edited by Matt Piotrowski

14 hours ago, Matt Piotrowski said:

Edit: Everything is fine now. Why did that pop up? I had demand pump 4 on aux and after startup put it to auto. Is this correct? Am I supposed to put demand pump 1 to aux also?

It'll pop up if you leave it in AUX too long after the engine start, since by then it should be in AUTO. It's not abnormal to see. Just switch it to AUTO and give it a second to disappear.

Kyle Rodgers