Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Learjet 35A anti skid

While taxiing in the Lear I noticed that whenever I applied the brakes, my wheels locked up. I checked to make sure that the anti skid system was on. I did a little more taxiing and surprisingly my wheels would only lock up if I were going under 10 knots and I applied the brakes. Over 10 knots and my wheels would spin if I touched the brakes. So is the anti skid system modeled with the Lear? Or is this a bug? 

In the five jets I've flown in my career, all of their anti skid systems are not active below 8 to 10 knots. The generators in the hubs have to spin a certain amount of rotation before enough signal is sent to the controller so it can see that a wheel(s) has slowed down or locked. That threshold is about 8 to 10 knots. It's actually MPH. So if it were a C141, DC10, or Gulfstream, it's working normally.

Edited by G550flyer

25 minutes ago, G550flyer said:

In the five jets I've flown in my career, all of their anti skid systems are not active below 8 to 10 knots. The generators in the hubs have to spin a certain amount of rotation before enough signal is sent to the controller so it can see that a wheel(s) has slowed down or locked. That threshold is about 8 to 10 knots. It's actually MPH. So if it were a C141, DC10, or Gulfstream, it's working normally.

Same basic speeds in the Lear 35, Falcon 10 and Falcon 20. If the anti skid was still active below these low speeds, you wouldn't be able to brake the aircraft to a complete stop using the brakes.

Gene

Well that’s all fine guys but In the sim my wheels lock up whenever I brake. This doesn’t happen in real life of course or else planes would have square wheels lol. So is there any fix to this issue? I know Bert Pieke fixed the anti skid issue on the Carenado S550 and it worked perfectly....

Edited by Deltaair1212

Are you using rudder pedals? If so, what brand/model? When is the last time you calibrated the rudder pedals?

Slight application of the pedals should allow less brake application/force to be applied, just like in a car.

If that isn't the issue, and the wheels locking up are only happening on your setup, I guess you could experiment with the brake scalar settimg in the cfg file. Although you then become a test pilot and official support for the aircraft braking/anti skid system for this aircraft might become limited.

Gene

Hi Folks,

Yeah - the antiskid works for me - the panel light indicators need to be out on the panel for the antiskid to be on... My brakes are simply mapped to two buttons....

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well the actual lights work for me it’s just my physical wheels lock up which just looks unrealistic. I did mess with the brake scaler to see if it would help but it doesn’t appear so. Just for confirmation, can anyone with the Lear just do a quick taxi test under 10 knots and press the brakes just to see if the wheels lock up? I might bring it to The devs attention if others notice it too. Most wouldnt because we all probably fly and taxi in the VC.