Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

GoFlight MCPPro VS Wheel & GoFlight in General

Happy New Year!

I discovered a problem with my GoFlight MCPPro VS wheel. Apparently, it will only make commands in one direction. Regardless of which direction I rotate the VS wheel, NUP o NDN, the result is an increase in vertical speed rate. It's not software related unless its in GoFlight's Config software(?). I used the CHKMCPPro software that GoFlight furnished me years ago and confirmed that any movement of the VS wheel up or down will generate only a NDN command increasing vertical rate. I suspect there is a hardware issue. The unit is at leat 13 years old, if not more.

First, has anyone here experienced this problem? Anyway to fix it? 

One of the reasons I am asking here is that it appears that GoFlight has gone AWOL. I submitted a support ticket, but have not received a confirmation email, or acknowledgment of it. Looking on their website, it appears that darn near everything is sold out. Also products they have for years are no longer even listed. It strongly suggests that GoFlight is going is out of business. Anyone heard?

I have nearly everything I need for a modern airliner flight deck from GoFlight: MCPPro, EFIS, LGT-2, TQ-6, and the 2xComm/2xNav/1xTransponder/ADF radio panel. I hate to see them go. I hope this is just a phase in their business.

Thanks,

Rich Boll
Wichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Rich,

As someone who has had their modules since 2003 it would sadden me greatly if they went out of business.

They posted this on their Facebook account on 21 December...

The past few weeks have been a struggle to keep up, no lie. But we are rounding a corner and shipping A LOT of back orders today! We’re expediting shipping where we can to make it in time for Christmas. Thanks for your continued support and patience!

It doesn’t sound like they’re struggling financially. Maybe just a short-term staff shortage?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a feeling as well on Go Flight possibly shutting their doors. The quality isn't the same anymore. My TQ6 broke after very little use within a year. I did not get a response from the support ticket. I emailed them and did get a response of they did not have replacement parts in stock. I would have to purchase the replacement parts. They did not know when they would have the replacement parts to ship. Luckily another vendor had the "tuneup" kit available that I had to have shipped in from Europe to the USA.  Go Flight also had a sale on multiple items which appears as inventory closeout. There is a post here in the classified section where I pointed out Go flight was selling new units considerably less than the individual was selling his used items for. I'm pretty disappointed in Go Flight. I was ready to purchase their Airliner Pilot System but decided not to because of the appearance of them shutting the doors.

Having taken another look at their website I agree. Looks like they're clearing stock before the inevitable announcement.

Such a shame. My modules still work fine and I've had them 15 years. I wonder when an annoucement will come. Just seems a matter of time really. 😢

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just a thought. If they do shut down in a month or two anyone who bought hardware won’t have a warranty. Ignoring the morals of a closing down sale without announcing it as such would customers have any protection under US law?

Or is it buyer beware and they’re on their own. Just speculating of course.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm disappointed as well.  I really like the versatility of the Go-Flight Hardware.  The MCP Pro works with both B737 and B767/747/777 add on's as well some like the MadDog MD-80 because of the GF Interface tool. 

I guess all good things come to an end.  However, let's hope that this is just an inventory/resources issues.  

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Re the VS wheel, I have had the same problem for years. Sometimes it will not change numbers at all, then it decreases vs when trying to increase, and then sometimes the other way round. I've given up using it, even though I have Pollypot software installed. Haven't looked at their website for a long time, as I didnt think it was very good, and their forum was the worst that I've ever seen. 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

They removed their phone number from the website about four months ago. Never a good sign. I did order a MPC Pro and EFIS mid December when I saw the sale numbers which looked almost too good to be true. I had a hunch, and maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong that they were heading toward the end. I own six other modules for nearly a year now and they have worked fine, after fighting the USB merry-go-round. I do believe the whole USB 2.0/3.0 issue is/has contributed to an overwhelming level of support issues and general bad press for GoFlight. When I ordered the two new panels there was no back order label on the two items. The next day the MCP Pro had a out-of-stock label on it. I email Tony a "terse" note asking how long I would have to wait now that they had my money (literally the day before). A few days later he responded they expected inventory in the next few days. And... true to his word they shipped a few days later and are here now.

I never had any illusions of support or any help from the GoFlight personnel. I'm keeping my fingers crossed the hardware ends up being in good working order. The price for the two was just too good to pass up. I consider myself lucky. I do have GIT and over the next few years will learn to use it. I'll start out flying AC that have user made profiles and with any luck learn to tweak and make my own.

I disassembled my computer system over the holidays. Just got it back up with a larger cockpit area to accommodate all eight panels and provide easier access to hubs and such. I also removed my CH THQ and yoke and put my TM HOTAS and THQ back in. I removed my old FSUIPC ini file and am rebuilding everything VERY VERY slowly and documenting everything as I go, line by line, through manuals and tutorials.

Haven't hooked up any of the eight GoFlight modules yet. Still working on getting FSUIPS installed, stable and WELL understood. I will then install the GoFlight modules one at a time. It is now MUCH easier to access my USB ports and the back of the computer than what was set up previously. I also found a Plugable 7 port USB 2.0 hub I'm hoping will work in the new configuration. I have a 7 port D-Link USB2.0 (no longer available) hub and a 5port USB2.0 PCI card in the computer. That's 19 USB 2.0 ports.

I'm sure I will be back here for advice and suggestions as I go about the process. I'm going to take it slow and hope for the best.

GoFlight may or may not be there for any help. The only down side I see is if I have just received a bad module. Odd are in my favor, I believe. Again, I was under no illusions as to what to expect from GoFlight. Anyone that has been in the community for any time and done their homework about GoFlight support should have no illusions either. It doesn't exist.

Cheers,

Bob

I have a great deal of GoFlight  modules and for a very long time I have had nothing but grief trying to get them to consistently work when using Windows 10 and USB 3.0 ... 

I’m sure I am not on my own with this and this could well be be a contributing factor to their problems ... 

3 minutes ago, Paul_ said:

I have a great deal of GoFlight  modules and for a very long time I have had nothing but grief trying to get them to consistently work when using Windows 10 and USB 3.0 ... 

I’m sure I am not on my own with this and this could well be be a contributing factor to their problems ... 

They're not compatible with USB3. Get yourself a USB2 Powered hub. I bought this one recently and it's excellent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0725WHBX6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray .. thank you for your advice but believe me I have tried so many combinations I’ve now given up to protect my sanity .... The only products that work consistently are my MCP Pro and LGT -11 

Paul, if my modules work when plugged into that hub which is connected to a USB2 port on my computer then yours will work too.

I have 2xT8, 1xP8, 2XGF166 and 1xLGT all plugged into that powered hub which is connected to a USB2 port.

They work fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If your on this side of the pond, here is another. I'm still testing it. So far, so good with limited testing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L2LK164/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will note that John from GoFlight support did suggest on a phone call last year that the 166's "might" work on a USB3.0 plug. He said some people have had success with doing so and I should at least give it a try. He says it's more of a function of your MB and it's drivers.

I have this one and a  D-Link five port as well as a PCI express card that has 5 USB2.0 ports on it.  

I will be starting in earnest here in a week or two to bring all of my GoFlight modules up and online, one at a time.

MCP Pro & EFIS, 2x GF-P8, GF-46, GF-T8-2 and 2x 166's.

Edited by Radial9

On 1/2/2019 at 10:18 AM, Camsdad13 said:

I have a feeling as well on Go Flight possibly shutting their doors. The quality isn't the same anymore. My TQ6 broke after very little use within a year. I did not get a response from the support ticket. I emailed them and did get a response of they did not have replacement parts in stock. I would have to purchase the replacement parts. They did not know when they would have the replacement parts to ship. Luckily another vendor had the "tuneup" kit available that I had to have shipped in from Europe to the USA.  Go Flight also had a sale on multiple items which appears as inventory closeout. There is a post here in the classified section where I pointed out Go flight was selling new units considerably less than the individual was selling his used items for. I'm pretty disappointed in Go Flight. I was ready to purchase their Airliner Pilot System but decided not to because of the appearance of them shutting the doors.

I had the same issues.  The build quality just isnt there for me anymore with the associated cost.  I'd expect a cheap TQ from Logitech for 100 bucks to possibly break, not a steel housed $500 part.  For only a few hundred more at that point I've seen vendors hand building exact replicas including parking break switch and fuel cutoffs ect.  I really hope they get it together as my first mcp and radio panels years ago changed the game for me.  Without GF what players are even left in the hardware game?  What about the money invested on this system if i need replacement parts ect.  That would really suck!

• Upvote 1

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals