Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

Possibility of transponder option in 744

Chaps I seem to remember before the 744 was released asking whether there would be an option of transponder panels/systems (i.e. whether we could select between the system with rotary knobs and that with the keypad-style display) and Kyle said there would only be one type simulated as the keypad-style system was too disparate to include merely as a swappable aircraft option in the FMS menu. However, now that the chaps have completed the 748 and it has the keypad-style transponder, I wondered 1) if this was sufficiently similar to the keypad transponder system in the 744 and, if so, 2) whether a selectable option could now be viable in the 744 options menu in the FMS? I know Lufthansa, and I think BA too, have the keypad transponder panels in their 744s and it would be nice to be able to recreate them.

Unless this is simply to discuss amongst the community, requests that you desire official attention to need to be sent to support.

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

Sorry, Kyle. I thought the forum was the place to ask these kind of questions - both community input and PMDG input to any questions I ask would be great

User-to-user support forum, as noted on the main forum page, in our Intro Manuals, and our main website.

We lurk to moderate, and I usually jump into discussions, but official support is via official support: support.precisionmanuals.com

Won't tell anyone not to post here - sometimes it's nice to discuss an idea with other people before pitching it - but if the intention is to get it looked at by us in an official capacity, it needs to go to support. It's too easy for things to get buried here. Tickets are tracked.

Kyle Rodgers