Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Testing G-73 Mallard, YBBN, and a Synthetic ILS Gauge

From the top 100 downloads in the Forums (to see what have been the most popular FW downloads for the previous year), I picked up Milton Shupe's aircraft FSX/P3D G-73 Mallard, and also an interesting gauge called "Synthetic ILS - For Every Runway At Every Airport". I've been thinking about an aid like the latter, for VFR-flights into (e.g. Orbx's) remote airstrips - sometimes reaching there after dusk or in poor visibility (and w/o any navaid/LOC/ILS guidance at the destination). Under these conditions, I (personally) find it hard to properly align with such a runway and land properly - w/o ending up in the swamps outside of the runways or running into the parked aircraft on the apron. So, as shown in the last 4 screenshots below, I've taken this opportunity to also test this (artificial/synthetic) ILS gauge to land on YBBN RWY 32 (unlike 01/19 RWY, there's no LOC/ILS supported for this RWY). The visibility is set to 3nm (only for this part) to make it bit of a challenge. I have shown both the displays (real and synthetic) - to verify lack of real LOC/GS signals. In the 1st of the last 4 shots, at DME 8.6 (DME being conveniently available on the synthetic ILS gauge), the RWY is not visible yet, and I'm following the needles on the synthetic ILS. In the 2nd of the last 4 shots, at DME 4.9, the RWY is still not visible. By the 3rd of the last 4 shots, at DME 1.3, the RWY has become visible, and thereafter the visual clues could lead to the final shot - for touchdown. In future, I wish to try this landing-aid at an actual remote/dirt strip (after dusk), w/o any RWY lights, to see if it really helps any with guidance down to the RWY threshold for a proper touchdown. If you wish more details about this gauge, please refer to the file "aila_ils.zip" at flightsim.com.

Hope you like the tested scenery/plane pictures here. I'd recently picked up the Orbx Airport, Brisbane Intl, for my Orbx (AU) region. The livery used here is in the Texaco-Oil color. Thanks for viewing these images from this (combination) test-flight, and Best wishes for the New Year! [Orbx(AU/YBBN)/FW(Miton-Shupe G-73)/FW(Synthetic ILS)]

SEEfyL.png

BiFpSh.png

lk1pVA.png

LRAGjh.png

r7NAtI.png

1fqVsx.png

9UAa8l.png

5LuuCn.png

L5oeqF.png

6QEYsW.png

TrUbbY.png

2jSNtJ.png

NJeCNm.png

1vExgv.png

DmrfER.png

EeVqnc.png

XgZFcq.png

5b1Xm4.png

Tjpq2R.png

9Wt0bK.png

• Like 5

I have installed Synthetic ILS by modifying the panel.cfg files in a Prepar3d aircraft but it is not showing when I select it from the 'Vehicle/Instrument Panel' tab.   

Some Excellent Lighting

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

23 hours ago, HarryH said:

I have installed Synthetic ILS by modifying the panel.cfg files in a Prepar3d aircraft but it is not showing when I select it from the 'Vehicle/Instrument Panel' tab.   

Hi Harry: Welcome. Looks like you’ve found one of my 6-month old post, and I’m glad you found it of interest.

Please directly contact and communicate with the author of the tool, Karol Chlebowski, for compatibility. It’s indeed a nice piece of utility. 

Thanks. Do you have a means of contacting him? I have searched online without success.

Edited by HarryH

Harry:

You can find Karol Chlebowski's email in the Readme of the File, I'd indicated above. Please note there is now an even newer file "sync_ils_automation.zip", which I've not tried yet...

Plus, there also seems to be a Forum Thread going on there, started by Karol himself, that you can ask your question on...

Good-luck!