Sign in to follow this  
LH340fan

Water cannon salute

Do you think it's a good idea to get WC salutes in P3D?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's a good idea to get WC salutes in P3D?

• definetely, you should start working on that now
    • no, it's silly and useless
    • maybe, but meh

Since my early days on fsx I've always wanted to know why was this never done; as this would be cool, and would allow for many scenarios to go with, like for example doing a fictional route like an inaugural one. I've recently taught about it again, and with the amount of info we now have and the aesthetics we're getting in v4 I can't believe nobody has done that yet. Since I know some basics on 3d apps I figured out It could maybe be possible with sode to place some trucks @ some taxiway, get the water on and maybe create some sort of artificial rain that would enable trueglass/RMaker/whatever else when you go under it.

Have your best day. Charly

Actually Orbx's LOWI has a water salute that activates at a certain time of day. I could imagine this being a feature of GSX that you could select in the menu, but I guess there never really was a demand for it.

My opinion is, that this also is a pontential function of GSX... That being said I don't think it is very high on anyones (wish-)list to justify the effort. Would it be nice? Yes! Would I use it very often? Probably not.

• Like 1

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

HI,

"Never" is not entirely true. Here are two shots that I made a while back. It is not hard to do, anyone willing to play around with the effects SDK can make something like this.

32698505728_c2b07fdb45_z.jpg

45848186594_29c648bdf1_z.jpg

Best regards

LORBY-SI

28 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

HI,

"Never" is not entirely true. Here are two shots that I made a while back. It is not hard to do, anyone willing to play around with the effects SDK can make something like this

Best regards

interesting... But does it recreate rain or is it only an effect like smoke? I was more thinking about firetrucks that would be at some point like @ taxiway X crossing taxiway Y and that would be sitting at a certain distance from the centerline.

Firetrucks would be quite easy to model IMO, specially since it's a rectangle with a triangular nose. The trickiest part is baking (with blender) as i've never gotten anything right with that method. I rather use sketchup and convert it.

If ANY of you are willing to maybe collab PM me and we may see what we can do.

1 hour ago, officercrockey said:

My opinion is, that this also is a pontential function of GSX... That being said I don't think it is very high on anyones (wish-)list to justify the effort. Would it be nice? Yes! Would I use it very often? Probably not.

Actually there are tons of routes i'm planning to open, and furthermore I don't think this could be very hard to be. It could be an easter egg, and certainly the cherry on the cake for my LFPG-KPHX i'm planning on doing someday.

Edited by LH340fan

24 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

interesting... But does it recreate rain or is it only an effect like smoke? I was more thinking about firetrucks that would be at some point like @ taxiway X crossing taxiway Y and that would be sitting at a certain distance from the centerline.

Firetrucks would be quite easy to model IMO, specially since it's a rectangle with a triangular nose. The trickiest part is baking (with blender) as i've never gotten anything right with that method. I rather use sketchup and convert it.

If ANY of you are willing to maybe collab PM me and we may see what we can do. 

Fire trucks are already present in P3D, you only have to attach the effect. Rain is a lot more difficult, with the existing solutions it would have to rain for real to trigger the effect on the aircraft windows. That can't be done on just a small patch of a couple of square meters - it would rain everywhere around you.

Attaching effects can be done programmatically too, so you could use a small SimConnect client to create the fire truck and make it spray on you when you are in the correct position.

Effort to make something like that is not big, 2-4 hours at most.

46520731352_03668c341e_z.jpg

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI