Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

Am I too conservative?

16 hours ago, TripSeven said:

Haha. ..highly doubt that.

I've apologized many times here, I'm imperfect. True, I didn't see the signature and perhaps I was over reacting to the false statement provided as if it were the truth.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I've apologized many times here, I'm imperfect. True, I didn't see the signature and perhaps I was over reacting to the false statement provided as if it were the truth.

Like I've stated Dan, you have my respect. Please rest assured this was not a poke at you or anyone else, I just found it funny, how most topics end up. I don't know why but when I read the previous post and put it all together I don't know, I just found it all funny.🙂

7 hours ago, ckyliu said:

I don't care for the way I was falsely accused of breaking rules by non-staff,

Not taking sides on this, but I couldn't find your signature until you indicated its location, and then it took a bit, but then again I'm old. 🤣

Grace and Peace,

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

5 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Who has time for a 14 hour flight?

Don't underestimate what people are capable of doing. Back in September, I flew JFK to NRT and back on a live stream and in real time. Total time, including the ground turn, was 27.5 hours. Now whether it was a good idea or not is a different story altogether.

5 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

Now I wish I could cool my brakes mid air.  If you roast your brakes on takeoff (after taxiing for a bit) for a short flight, you are stuck.  But that is a rare occurence.

When you get airborne, leave the gear down. The airflow around the gear will cool your brakes in flight.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

24 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

When you get airborne, leave the gear down. The airflow around the gear will cool your brakes in flight.

Very quickly actually. I repair hard metal / diamond tools and they get up to 600C while doing that. After that they are cooled down in front of an ordinary desk fan. It takes around 5 minutes until you can touch them again. Now airplane brakes are a little bigger but the wind is a little stronger (and colder) too. 

Pauly, you my man are a real G and you know what you are wanting out of your 747. Attempt to taxi a little slower and attempt to use little to no braking this should help with your overheating issue. Yes, it is possible I taxi with little to no braking but I am also not taxiing like southwest. That is if you want to not cook them but hey, you do you and have fun doing it. 🙂

On 1/2/2019 at 1:48 PM, ph-cxz said:

Standard simbrief one I guess.

Gotcha thanks. Thought it was PFPX but totally forgot about SB

On 1/4/2019 at 4:41 AM, Captain Kevin said:

Trip fuel, 10% trip time,  holding fuel at destination,fuel to alternate (alternate required), holding fuel at alternate, and fuel to hold at 1,500 feet for 30 minutes, if I remember this all correctly. Domestic fuel requirements, on the other hand, only require an alternate if the weather is bad enough or if the flight time is more than six hours.

You’re correct but that’s not for Flag specifically. We use those fuel planning numbers under Part 121 Supplemental but only for international flights (including flights to Puerto Rico).