Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Airbus A-220

Would you welcome a payware Airbus A-220 for P3D v4...??  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome a payware Airbus A-220 for P3D v4...??

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, depending who the developer is

Yeah. The "shut up and take my money" meme is pretty overused, but for me it definitely applies here. Right now in the bizjet world, it either looks good and works wrong, or works mostly well and looks like freeware. There's nothing even approaching a PMDG-level effort to be had anywhere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, eslader said:

Yeah. The "shut up and take my money" meme is pretty overused, but for me it definitely applies here. Right now in the bizjet world, it either looks good and works wrong, or works mostly well and looks like freeware. There's nothing even approaching a PMDG-level effort to be had anywhere.

You've hit the nail on the head

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

I don't recall any official PMDG position that we are Boeing only.

Just thought I would point that out, since it seems to be an oft repeated falsehood that might cause you to reach conclusions that are not supported by facts.

:ph34r:

I didn't mean it in a literal sense, only that AFAIK know PMDG hasn't done a Bus so far....

Don't take things so personally, I meant no disrespect to PMDG or their product line, they aren't my personal "cup of tea", but I recognize that there are a lot of people that want that level of complexity and sophistication, and are willing to pay the price of admission..

When someone post's something like this on a forum, people sometimes tend to perceive a "slight" towards this or that add on, and this is a prime example.  It certainly wasn't my intention, that's for sure, and if I ruffled your feathers I apologize....

Edited by SunDevil56

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I would spend the 200 bucks on a PMDG FA8X anyday

Me too.

Felipe Bachian
I7 4790K@4.6 / ASUS ATX Maximus VII Ranger / 32GB (4x8) 1866Mhz DDR3 Corsair Vengeance / EVGA GTX 1070 6Gb / 2x 480Gb SSD
Honneycomb Alpha Yoke + CH Throttle Quadrant + Saitek Multi Panel + CH Pro Pedals + Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

7 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

To date PMDG is Boeing only, so they aren't likely going to do it, and Aerosoft is currently focused on tooling up their A330 for P3D v4, so it won't be coming from them anytime soon, if ever

PMDG have done quite a lot of aircraft other than Boeings: Beechcraft 1900, Douglas DC-6, BAe Jetstream 41, and McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (the last type was briefly marketed by Boeing, but it was definitely a McDonnell Douglas product). In fact, if you include literally every aeroplane type PMDG have made versions of for a simulator, it's five main Boeing 700 series aircraft types, and four from manufacturers other than Boeing, so that makes them a bit more like 60/40 Boeing than 'Boeing only'.

Similarly, whilst Aerosoft do develop their own stuff and are making an A330, they also act as brokers for other products and on occasion take extant projects under their wing to market under their brand, so it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that they'd pick up another Airbus project and that might include an A220, perhaps even that WhiskeyJet one, you never know.

Whilst Virtualcol is typically on the cheap and cheerful end of things, I think they're gradually upping their game a bit when you look at progressive releases, so although I don't think they'll be knocking out a study sim any time soon, their stuff is certainly getting better and we may yet be at least somewhat pleasantly surprised by their A220.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

48 minutes ago, Chock said:

Whilst Virtualcol is typically on the cheap and cheerful end of things, I think they're gradually upping their game a bit when you look at progressive releases, so although I don't think they'll be knocking out a study sim any time soon, their stuff is certainly getting better and we may yet be at least somewhat pleasantly surprised by their A220.

Let's hope so Alan, I honestly don't think any other developer is going to put out an A220 anytime soon, but like you said... You never know...

FWIW, in 2019 Virtualcol is also (apparently) planning a Sukhoi Superjet 100, a sort of Russian "Airbusski"...😁

It will be interesting to see how that one works out, but i'm more interested in the A220, the Sukhoi hasn't really gained much of a market outside or Russia, with Aeroflot being the main user of the type.

Edited by SunDevil56

4 hours ago, Skywolf said:

It needs to be in PMDG/FSLabs/Majestic level quality - otherwise no.

Agreed.  Also, as more people take to flying online, the demand for realistically functioning aircraft is much greater now than it has ever been.  The 'point in the general direction and fly'  or 'good enough' payware aircraft are becoming less and less appealing.

My hope is that FSL will take it on after they have released all versions of the A330 (making an assumption here) in a couple years. By then, hopefully they would be able to gain enough access to the aircraft/manuals/pilots to be able to make it happen and we have an A220 released for P3D v6 in late 2022. It will overtake PMDG's 737 v3 as the premier airliner simulation. Leonardo releases their MD-90 in response. 

Ben 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

After flying on Delta Airbus 220 between New York and Boston I have urge to fly it in P3D. So YES it would be welcomed addition.

Nikolay, how was the flight?

11 hours ago, klimchuk said:

After flying on Delta Airbus 220 between New York and Boston I have urge to fly it in P3D. So YES it would be welcomed addition.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library