Sign in to follow this  
tonyhill

mcp combo airbus version not working

Evening , Am having problems trying to get my vrinsight mcp combo (airbus version ) to work .

linda is installed [3.0.9 ] am using p3dv4.4 and fslabs A320 both are up to date versions .the newest version of fsuipc 5, the USB driver cdmv2.12.28 have also tried the driver which came with the combo serial IFP2. 

everything seems to be installed ok , once p3d is started the combo panel flashes off than on again but the displays- doesn't change it still says

fcu-combo /airbus vrinsight,flight  type v1.00/dream supplier / instruments radio via vrisim. any help would really be appreciated I've  looked through all topics but still no luck .

regard

tony 

Hi Tony

Sorry for the delay in replying but I needed to get to my PC to answer your query.

First of all, you only need the FTDI drivers for the USB Serial Port (I have version 2.12.28 dated 16 Aug 2017). This are initially installed when you installed the VRiSim software from VRInsight. The version number you quote is the same as mine so they may be the same. Check Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)/USB Serial Port/Driver. You should NOT be running VRiSim or Serial FP2.

Secondly, check that you have assigned the correct COM Port, the MCP Type (FCU (Airbus) and enabled the panel on Setup MCP Combo page.

Thirdly, the panel flashing when you start P3D is when FSUIPC5 connects the panel. LINDA needs to do the same. It will display the aircraft type and 'powered by LINDA' before initializing the SPD/HDG/ALT/etc display.

If this does not work, follow the Fault Diagnosis thread procedure and email your logs.

Edited by ScotFlieger
added link to fault diagnosis procedure

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scot, thanks for getting back to me

combo page is all set up as it should be com port no 3 is what’s on my computer and I can see the combo panel is connected to it . Am not useing any soft wear expect for Linda . Am away till the weekend will send the files over then .

regards 

tony 

Thank you for sending the modules folder. It was very useful. Here is a detailed analysis that I hope you can follow.

I compared the logs your system generated alongside what my system sees with your setup. I am happy that your installation of LINDA is correct. The difference (see attached FSUIPC5.log line 56406) is that although FSUIPC is opening the port to your VRI Combo it is not detecting the panel and identifying its type as mine does. You have no equivalent line entry:

172 VRI port 1 "com3" opened
    56406 VRI MCP2A ("MCP2 Airbus") detected on port com3

There is something wrong here. Your system FSUIPC is detecting the Com Port and gives it the device ID 7. This is then used by LINDA on the assumption that it is correct and logs it as below. The MCP Reset and Connect commands should illuminate, clear and display the initial display before displaying the SPD/HDG/ALT and Radio (see this video)
This logging does not record that the MCP is not actually present; this is something I have to improve: 

194000 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] Checking VRI
   194015 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] Enabling VRI
   194015 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] Check File Exists "linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-mcp2a.lua"
   194031 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] ConnectMCP - Connecting to MCP Panel...
   194031 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] ConnectMCP completed - 7
   194031 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] InitMCP - Initialising MCP...
   194187 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] MCP Reset Command sent
   194344 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] MCP Connect Command sent
   194500 LUA.0: LINDA:: [COMM] MCP Reset and Connect completed

Do you have the VRSim.exe or Serial FP2 software running? Are you able to display anything on your panel using these software? My analysis would suggest that your panel is not correctly connected hardware wise to your PC or the panel is faulty. 

I suggest you run the VRSim.exe (from VRInsight) to confirm it can see the panel and identify it correctly (Port/Type/Version). If it comes up with the correct details then select the second tab (called FCU-Combo/Airbus for me) and tick the Read and Write checkboxes. Enter the following commands in the Write box and click on the T button:

CMDRST - this should flash and reset the panel to display "FCU-Combo/Airbus Type v1.100 - VRinsight,Flight Dream Supplie
CMDCON - should display CMDCON in read box and change bottom line to “Select Aircraft Press “Fly Now””.
DSP0Test - should display “Test” in the top left window.

This should confirm whether your PC is connected to your panel and that the comport is working. If you don’t get this then further investigation is required.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Scott , sorry for delay . I can get the panel to work with the VRsim softwear so my computer must be picking the panel up . 

Tony