Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Start up tutorial please

Has anyone done a start up tutorial, or wants to make one...I got as far as starting the APU   :(... Please guys, be gentle  :)

Thanks so much, Bob

I'm sure the dev will release a video once it's finally out of beta like they did extremely well with previous planes. Any video made now will be obsolete for the final version! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

OK, Thank you Russell, I'm going to start messing with it again....I'm studying the manual...it's a tough one...lol

Bob 

53 minutes ago, Dutch1 said:

OK, Thank you Russell, I'm going to start messing with it again....I'm studying the manual...it's a tough one...lol

Bob 

Welcome Bob even though I wasn't much help sorry! Don't have this plane yet but will do this year sometime!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The steps below should work to start the Falcon 50 engines. The switches used in the start sequence are on the overhead panel. The Generator, Battery, Fuel Boost Pump and CMPTR switches are ON when 'UP', the GRD START switch should be in its 'MIDDLE' position. You may have to reload the a/c if your batteries are dead.

Al

Recommended Engine Start Sequence: #2 - #3 - #1 (Middle – Right – Left, from pilot’s perspective)

Normal Engine Start Procedure.  (repeat for each engine in turn)

1. Three Generator switches and both battery switches, On
2. Fuel Boost Pump switch, On                           (there is one switch per engine)
3. CMPTR switch, On                                          (there is one switch per engine)
4. Start Selector Switch, GRD START                 (there is one switch per engine)
5. Power Lever to Cutoff  position                        (with the lever 'all the way back' in the idle position, click on the red tab below the lever to move the lever to the cutoff position)
6. Push Start Button for 2 seconds and release   (there is one button per engine)
7 At N2 > 12%, Power lever to Idle               (N2 gauges are on the main panel above the power levers)
8. IGN light should come on                    (there is one IGN light per engine below the CMPTR switches)
9. At approximately 50% N2, IGN light and starter motor should go off
10. Engine Instruments, check

Edited by ark

If I should use the Ground Power Unit to aid engine start, must I still first turn on both batteries and the three generators as well? I looked for this in the Falcon manual but could not find anything mentioned about start up using the GPU.

Thanks!