Sign in to follow this  
SimeonWilbury

Thai Creation Macau P3D Compatability?

Hi All,

I've been looking to expand my collection of Eastern airports, particularly around China, a recent purchase being WF Studios' ZSSS (https://secure.simmarket.com/wf-scenery-studio-shanghai-hongqiao-international-airport-zsss-p3d4-(fr_11609).phtml) so I can do some China Eastern flights in the MD82.

One airport I'd enjoy to fly into would be Macau, however the Thai Creation scenery (https://secure.simmarket.com/thai-creation-ni-hao-macau-macau-international-airport-fsx-(fr_6526).phtml) is FSX only, I've had FSX scenery work before (Taxi2Gate Toncontin works well enough), however one is never sure and it's good to double check before buying.

In short: Has anyone tried the Thai Creations Macau scenery in v4 at all? Does it work and are there any issues? I'm also interested in the Thai Creation VTBD scenery as well if anyone has tried that.

Thanks,

Martin.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

I have Macau and it works just fine on P3DV4 🙂

• Like 1

Mikael Leinonen

Good to know, I was wondering too. Thank you.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

41 minutes ago, MPL said:

I have Macau and it works just fine on P3DV4 🙂

Ok, good to know, thank you very much!

• Like 1

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Great thread, and good info guys...

While I don't use FSX much anymore. I still peruse the the FSX Steam forums, a guy recently posted a message there... "Hey, what's wrong with the ILS at Macau.. it's like 50 degrees off.." lol

I politely explained to him that this is what's called an offset localizer DME approach and isn't a glitch.

I'll have to check out the Thai Creation's Macau, to the best of my knowledge there isn't any P3D v4.x compatible freeware scenery for this airport.

For anyone who might be interested, there is a decent freeware P3D compatible scenery for VHHH available at flightsim com, it's designed for P3D v3 but it works fine for me with v4.4

I think you'll need to be logged in to download the file, but here's the link... https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=68340046

• Like 1