Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Falcon FA50 EX is out

Flysimware's Falcon 50 is very good and keeps getting better. The instrumentation, including AP, is really top notch. Lots of good detail on this plane!  I'm surprised to see Carenado take this on.    

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Carenado FMS has never worked correctly.  

About the GTN...for the sim - I totally agree it would be better over their PL21.  Say for the upcoming milviz B350i you won't need it because theirs will actually work correctly

Here's a good question would it be possible to take the gauge file's from the milviz plane and put it in Carenado planes? I haven't done much panel editing since fs2000 lol and things are a bit more complex now. Reason I ask is I have the KA350 installed so I have access to the gauge files for my own personal use as would other King Air owners

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

3 hours ago, captrem said:

If other users have identified more issues, we can maybe compile them all here in the hope that Carenado will read this forum and release an update in a near future.

That's a very good idea, however, from what I have read in the past Carenado does not read this forum nor interact with it. It would be best to compile a "bug" list and send it to Carenado via their "Official" support ticket system.

My problem is with the PFD and MFD screens.

They work just fine except when loading C&D. From C&D as soon as power is applied, the upper half of the PFD lights up with the alignment warning. No HSI, nothing at all on the MFD. Move the INS Mode switch to any setting and the PFD goes blank. Use the keyboard to activate the Avionics Master and the displays flash on for just a split second before going blank again.

Put a ticket in but just being sent around in circles.

4 minutes ago, raymie said:

That's a very good idea, however, from what I have read in the past Carenado does not read this forum nor interact with it. It would be best to compile a "bug" list and send it to Carenado via their "Official" support ticket system.

Carenado unfortunately have a tendency to update most products only once, so any issue which persists after that update is unlikely to ever be addressed. This makes compiling a comprehensive bug list as soon as possible even more important but even that doesn't ensure that all the reported bugs will be addressed!

Flysimware, in contrast, are a very interactive company both in their forum and through their 'contact us' support system and are very responsive to their users. Indeed after their Falcon 50 was released they rapidly provided fixes for various issues that were identified and they continue to provide updates. This has resulted in a superb product which is a pleasure to fly and although it may not possess the 'eye candy' of Carenado products, it is still provides an excellent degree of immersion.

I was considering getting the Carenado aircraft as a modern glass cockpit version of the Falcon 50 to compliment the Flysimware Falcon with its steam gauge (analog) cockpit but, for this to be worthwhile, the Proline 21 system would need to be properly functional and from what I have read so far, the Proline 21 functionality unfortunately doesn't seem to have been improved from the versions in their previous aircraft.

Bill

• Upvote 1

As I posted elsewhere, for those who purchased, can you tell me if Carenado have PBR versions for P3D V4.4?  I didn't see it listed as a feature, but I know Carenado are a PBR shop since they do the same models in PBR for XP11 so a little puzzled at not seeing this feature listed.

Cheers, Rob.

Don’t expect much of the Pro line, ap or the FMS.  

I took out the Hawker again today. While it was certainly fun flying a bizjet, those systems are pretty unreliable and make the overall experience not so pleasant. It’s going to end up in the hanger again. 

I don’t think I need another one of those. If only Flysimware’s vc would look better...

Regards, Perry

Initial impressions its very pretty,flight dynamics seem good. Systems wise it holds an Alt and the Nav works and follows a course.

2019-1-3-11-3-36-759.jpg2019-1-3-11-3-9-610.jpg

2019-1-3-11-43-10-89.jpg2019-1-3-12-16-38-318.jpg2019-1-3-12-34-28-868.jpg

2019-1-3-12-35-35-333.jpg

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Bought it, installed it in my FSX rig, and it is pretty. Haven't flown it yet but I took a quick look at VAS in comparison to some other aircraft and, at least in my simple experiment, the VAS contribution seems very high in comparison with others.

Rick

Edited by Wink207

1 hour ago, Dutch1 said:

Boy, that sure would look nice with GTN750......:)

Bob

It's been done. Just have to get AP NAV to talk to the GTN like all Carenado semi Proline outfits. Nothing Bert can't handle.🙂

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1