Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Falcon FA50 EX is out

1 hour ago, SimPilot221 said:

Still not understanding how the LITE version differs from the regular one... 

The interior model has a lower resolution than the regular, improves FPS,VAS and hard to see the difference.

Edited by MartinRex007

7 hours ago, z06z33 said:

Here's a good question would it be possible to take the gauge file's from the milviz plane and put it in Carenado planes? I haven't done much panel editing since fs2000 lol and things are a bit more complex now. Reason I ask is I have the KA350 installed so I have access to the gauge files for my own personal use as would other King Air owners

No not really... you might be able to get the gauges to show up (with a lot of modifications), but you'd have to recode the thing to make the glass work with the Carenado lol

Is it weird that I was initially hoping that this would be a classic Falcon 50 (like the Flysimware) with GTN integration?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

58 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

No not really... you might be able to get the gauges to show up (with a lot of modifications), but you'd have to recode the thing to make the glass work with the Carenado lol

Is it weird that I was initially hoping that this would be a classic Falcon 50 (like the Flysimware) with GTN integration?

That would have been better honestly. Carenado is a great company and they make beautiful planes,their steam gauge stuff works great

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

3 hours ago, hillsboy said:

z06z33,  where is that island coastal airport in your screenshots?

Tropicalsim TIST

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hey Y'all

I'm having serious troubles to fly the FA50. After installing on FSX-SE, I noticed  the carenado database was not loading and the FPS decreased to near 0. Solved that unistalling and reinstalling as a FSX Stand alone version. Database loaded successfully. Now when I load the plane, in cold and dark by default, I get a very Good FPS framerate, but as soon as I set batteries on and the screens pops up, the FPS framerate decreases to 0.3 which makes it unflyable. My PC runs all payware and complex aircrafts like PMDG at 30+ FPS on VC so I think is a kind of problem with the carenado one. Maybe the screen gauges? Any tips or recomendations? 

Thanks in Advance. 

On 1/3/2019 at 12:47 AM, Mejjo said:

Getting a invalid file handle 32 error message when i try to install. Never had that error at all before, No idea what it means or how to fix it. 😞

Yep me to here, a install to P3Dv4.4 is not working right! I have the plane in the Sim but the displays are not working.

Plane grounded 😕

Bruno

Bruno 

18 hours ago, petesmiffy said:

My problem is with the PFD and MFD screens.

They work just fine except when loading C&D. From C&D as soon as power is applied, the upper half of the PFD lights up with the alignment warning. No HSI, nothing at all on the MFD. Move the INS Mode switch to any setting and the PFD goes blank. Use the keyboard to activate the Avionics Master and the displays flash on for just a split second before going blank again.

Put a ticket in but just being sent around in circles.

Seems that the only way I could bring up the displays is to choose the state "Ready for Takeoff".

4 hours ago, bakerman said:

Yep me to here, a install to P3Dv4.4 is not working right! I have the plane in the Sim but the displays are not working.

Plane grounded 😕

Bruno

Hey,

I have fixed this issue. Took a while to figure out but managed to do it.

If you go to C:\Windows\Fonts and look for the font named LCD_MONO and then delete it. Restart your computer & then reinstall the aircraft and it should work fine.

Not sure the issues everyone seems to be having. I have v1.2. Installed fine in P3D. Plane flys like a Carenado only better. AP seems to work well. Latest AIRAC in the ProLine. Holds ALT, HDG, VNAV and LNAV. Even descends in VNAV on cue. I don't mind it so far. 

I did YYZ to YUL DEDKI4 MIGLO HAABS4 and it flew perfectly. ILS was great too. 

One gripe: The map mode switches and zoom levels are all messed up and need to be learned. 

I have to tell you - I am VERY disappointed with this aircraft.  Especially at the price point they are selling it! It's SO buggy and SO not user-friendly! For example, you cannot save FMS flight plans, the autopilot does not support speed control, it's just frustrating to fly! It's destined to be a disappointing "hangar queen" in my livery! Junk, IMHO.

• Like 1