Sign in to follow this  
haseen

Vertx DA62: can't find in the airplane list in P3D v4.

Dear:

I just purchased and installed Vertx DA 62 in my P3D v4. But unfortunately can't find the plane in the aircraft list. Please help.

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Look at the bottom... starting with 'V'

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Install the xmltools from the Da62 config app - try this first. 

If not run Lorby's tool and do a encoding file check - it is in the options.

If not then you need to run notepad++ - open the offending file - change its encoding to UCS-2 LE BOM - all you do is choose that option from the menus and save the file.

It actually could be the encoding of the addon xml file.  Please have notepad++ and Lorby addon tool (both are 100% freeware).  Notepad++ makes it very easy to change the encoding of the xml file.

Lorby addon has p3d file encoding checker.  This whole issue will be fixed in less than 2 min total.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

uncheck 'show only favorites.'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

5 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

uncheck 'show only favorites.' 

And then check it as a favorite.😎

• Like 1

Dear:

It is not showing at all. No question of favourites! I haven't yet tried Skywolf's suggestion.

I also mailed to Sean and support@vertxsim.com but no reply so far!

How is vertxsim's support?

Haseen Ahmad.

Where did you install it?  During installation I mean.  Have you checked that location to make sure it's on your hard drive?

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, haseen said:

Dear:

It is not showing at all. No question of favourites! I haven't yet tried Skywolf's suggestion.

I also mailed to Sean and support@vertxsim.com but no reply so far!

How is vertxsim's support?

Haseen Ahmad.

Run Lorby Freeware Tool - and in one of the tabs there is a check encoding option - I have a feeling it is the add-on.cfg file in the DA62 addon directory file - all you have to change is the encoding via notepad++ and that is it.  I encountered this issue initially....

Sean support is very good, he does reply to the email shortly.  He is just in a very different time zone; I believe in Brisbane, Australia

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Dear Skywolf:

Thanks for your support.

I downloaded Lorby's Addon Organizer and updated Notepad++. I am not at all familiar with all these. I ran the Lorby Add on organizer, selected 'Other Addons", then found Vertx as pink color. I clicked that and then clicked 'Check conflict'. It showed "FSspotlight" duplicate which is necessary for my FSLabs A320 X and A319 X. Now what should I do?

Thanks again,

Haseen Ahmad.

Vertx Pink in color means that your addon is not active.  When you installed the DA62, did you a get a message enable addon?

I would uninstall the addon, and make sure that there is no da62 in prepar3d addon directory and then reinstall the addon.  After reinstalling the addon, P3D should give you a message enable addon.

Download the latest 1.053 release from your vertxsim account.

Don't forget run install as admin and turn off anti-v during install (don't know what anti-v you're running, it may be overly aggresive) 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Dear Skywolf:

I downloaded/purchased just this morning and it is v1.053. I uninstalled and installed. But it does not say anywhere to Acivate/enable. No help up to that point. However, with Lorby Addon organizer I selected Vertx DA62 and 'activate all'. Also changed encoding of FSspotlight to what you said from 'ANSI' by Notepad++. Now the plane is selectable in the P3D v4 sim. But am afraid what will happen to my Flightsimlabs Airbus A320-x and A319-X?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Wierd; all I did on my P3D v4.4 is install the plane and run its config to set the planes options. And it showed up real nice so I could pick it in P3D.

1 hour ago, haseen said:

Dear Skywolf:

I downloaded/purchased just this morning and it is v1.053. I uninstalled and installed. But it does not say anywhere to Acivate/enable. No help up to that point. However, with Lorby Addon organizer I selected Vertx DA62 and 'activate all'. Also changed encoding of FSspotlight to what you said from 'ANSI' by Notepad++. Now the plane is selectable in the P3D v4 sim. But am afraid what will happen to my Flightsimlabs Airbus A320-x and A319-X?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.

Nothing should go wrong to your Flightsimlabs - Did you try it.  It should work fine.

I am glad that your DA62 is working now.  

Check conflict is something else, and I believe the backup/restore tab as an option or the last tab in Lorby's tool has an option to check encoding.  That checks all the relevant P3D files to see if their encoding is correct or not.  If encoding is incorrect it will tell you which exact file it is (I am not on my simming computer right now to see exactly which tab it is - using memory).

@Lorby_SI should get an award to fixing lot of these things that LM didn't do in their UI.  Imagine all of these diagnosis's without Lorby's tool...omg what a nightmare.

Usually Prepar3d should have asked you to enable the addon during the first run after install.  Usually these issues happen if your Prepar3d is installed in Program Files x86 directory and/or sim is not run in Admin mode.  For example sim is run in normal mode, and addon is installed in Admin mode.  Blame Microsoft Windows for this.  

I usually have sim installed outside program files x86 directory, and Sim and all addons are run in admin mode (Right click on prepar3d icon - choose admin mode).  That alone solves all problems.  Even LM recommends running the sim in admin mode (there was a post somewhere....).

Either way you got your DA62 working now, I am glad it sorted out.  Sean did an amazing job with the installer and manual.  Please read the DA62 user guide - it helps a lot

Happy Simming!!!

Edited by Skywolf

Dear Skywolf:

Thank you so much for your response.

1. I installed my P3D v4 in 😧 root directory as suggested by PMDG.

2. My question would be, if I need to reinstall Vertxsim DA62, what exact steps should I follow so that I can install it with 100% confidence? I expect it to be totally hastle free like PMDG, A2A, FSLabs etc.

3. I made a flight from VGJR to VGHS. Flt Plan: vgjr, jsr-airway W2, dac, ILS 14. But I could not put the airway W2 after JSR. I updated p3d v4 navigation database with aero.sors.fr. Can't G1000 plot airways?

Regards,

Haseen Ahmad.