Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

MCE 2.7.8.2 and Maddog heading alt issue

Hi,

The co-pilot seems lost with the heading and altitude controls. If I ask for an altitude, the knob turns endlessly in the wrong direction. It only stops after a long time. The same thing happens with the heading.

MCE et Maddog last version.

P3Dv4.4

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

10 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

The co-pilot seems lost with the heading and altitude controls. If I ask for an altitude, the knob turns endlessly in the wrong direction. It only stops after a long time. The same thing happens with the heading.

MCE et Maddog last version.

P3Dv4.4

Thanks and Regards,

Richard

The Maddog is driving us crazy. Almost an update every 2 weeks, with breaking changes for auto-pilot SPD HDG and ALT control as well as FMC Vspeeds, Trans Alt .

What MaddogX version are you on?

42 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The Maddog is driving us crazy. Almost an update every 2 weeks, with breaking changes for auto-pilot SPD HDG and ALT control as well as FMC Vspeeds, Trans Alt .

What MaddogX version are you on?

The last 1.3 b351

If I may add, this is not a beta version, I think it's more an SP1. There may be some hope that this version will be more stable for a little longer than 2 weeks :smile:

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:23 PM, DrumsArt said:

The last 1.3 b351

If I may add, this is not a beta version, I think it's more an SP1. There may be some hope that this version will be more stable for a little longer than 2 weeks :smile:

Richard

Download this zip file

Unzip and replace "mcMaddogV2.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

Download this zip file

Unzip and replace "mcMaddogV2.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder.

Thank you Gerald,

I'll test and report back...

Richard.

Richard Portier

@FS++

Tested and approved :gaul:

Thanks a lot,

Richard

Richard Portier

Richard,

I've been waiting for this fix for months.  I didn't know it was in this thread. 

I loaded it.  Dialing the glare shield knobs is back working again except Nav 1 & 2.  Can you get the FO to dial NAV radios?  I get no action.

Fred

Edited by ibomiles
added detail

3 hours ago, ibomiles said:

Richard,

I've been waiting for this fix for months.  I didn't know it was in this thread. 

I loaded it.  Dialing the glare shield knobs is back working again except Nav 1 & 2.  Can you get the FO to dial NAV radios?  I get no action.

Fred

Fred,

I may not be of much help, I don't use this command very often, or even never... I mainly use the altitude, heading and Com frequency commands, especially during approaches.

What happens when you ask the FO to enter a Nav frequency?

Do you have the same problem with Com frequencies?

If I have time, I'll give it a try with the Maddog.

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

6 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

Fred,

I may not be of much help, I don't use this command very often, or even never... I mainly use the altitude, heading and Com frequency commands, especially during approaches.

What happens when you ask the FO to enter a Nav frequency?

Do you have the same problem with Com frequencies?

If I have time, I'll give it a try with the Maddog.

Richard

For ALT and HDG, suggest you re-download and re-install.

At some point,. the up[loaded package was missing the most recent "mcmaddogV2.dll", leaving you with old one. It has been replaced a few weeks ago

Re-install and ensure "mcmaddogV2.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder is V1.0.3.1

It should not only work, but also won't break with new MaddogX releases.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

For ALT and HDG, suggest you re-download and re-install.

At some point,. the up[loaded package was missing the most recent "mcmaddogV2.dll", leaving you with old one. It has been replaced a few weeks ago

Re-install and ensure "mcmaddogV2.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder is V1.0.3.1

It should not only work, but also won't break with new MaddogX releases.

Hi Gerald,

There is a misunderstanding, I was responding to Fred's message "ibomiles" (just above mine) about his problem with the Nav 1 and 2 controls.

Alt and Hdg work perfectly for me, no problem.As for the Nav1&2 commands, I don't know if they work properly not using them, hence my answer to Ibomiles :smile:

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

8 minutes ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi Gerald,

There is a misunderstanding, I was responding to Fred's message "ibomiles" (just above mine) about his problem with the Nav 1 and 2 controls.

Alt and Hdg work perfectly for me, no problem.As for the Nav1&2 commands, I don't know if they work properly not using them, hence my answer to Ibomiles :smile:

Richard

Ah OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.

13 hours ago, ibomiles said:

Richard,

Fred

We'll be looking at this specific issue.