Sign in to follow this  
Seth Ramsey

P3D 4.4 TomatoShade

I recently downloaded Tomato Shade for my sim and keep receiving the "P3D folder could not be found" error. Anyone know how I might be able to fix this? ( I have version 27 installed.)

Hi i have been searching for an answer to the exact same problem its really annoying as i just want to get tomato shade working

Hi There,

Does the Status page show correct path ways to Prepar3D ?

For example my install shows the following paths which I know are valid directory paths, your's would be different, but should still exist as valid P3D paths.

• H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
  • H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\
  • C:\Users\account.name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
  • E:\FSX Addons\TomatoShade\_shaderbackup\4.4.16.27077\

Let us know what comes up.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

15 hours ago, jeffbob said:

Hi i have been searching for an answer to the exact same problem its really annoying as i just want to get tomato shade working

I’ve heard great things about tomatoshade and it was one of the main reasons I switched from FSX. Shame for it to not work in 4.4 especially when v27 claims it does. Hope it’s a problem on my end not the software.

did you install your p3d to a different drive than the one that has your program files on or move the p3d folder because that is what i did and i believe that may be causing the issue. Another problem  with tomato shade is you cant change or browse for the p3d directory in the status menu. i also had the same issue with SODE so i couldnt use some of my jetways a LFPG and other taxi to gate scenerys

11 hours ago, Rogen said:

Hi There,

Does the Status page show correct path ways to Prepar3D ?

For example my install shows the following paths which I know are valid directory paths, your's would be different, but should still exist as valid P3D paths.

• H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\
  • H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\
  • C:\Users\account.name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
  • E:\FSX Addons\TomatoShade\_shaderbackup\4.4.16.27077\

Let us know what comes up.

Cheers

I got a message saying “Something went wrong during the initialization”

Edit: The one bar that gets filled is the p3d folder location which sayd “D:\”

Edited by Seth Ramsey
Add info

2 hours ago, Seth Ramsey said:

I got a message saying “Something went wrong during the initialization”

Edit: The one bar that gets filled is the p3d folder location which sayd “D:\”

Did you ensure you have the original shaders installed?

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

4 minutes ago, Seth Ramsey said:

ShadersHLSL is installed

If you have made changes to the shaders in the past then TomatoShade will not initialize. Google this topic or check here on AVSIM for solution.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

14 minutes ago, Seth Ramsey said:

If I delete the shaders and run p3d will it reinstall

Yes it should. Then try and run the TS install.

Shez Ansari

I moved the shadershlsl from the p3d folder and when I run p3d it says no shaders hlsl found do I have to run the intaller?

Edit: Nvm I got the folder reinstalled with the repair function in the installer

Edited by Seth Ramsey

Lots of thanks to all who helped, and Jeffbob what I ended up doing was moving my shaders hlsl to the desktop running the repair through the installer and then putting the shaders hlsl back into the p3d.

p3d was reinstlalled pack into my program files and the issue was only fixed for the new version of p3d is there a way to fix this

Edited by jeffbob
new problem