Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Nibbo

Loud warning sound ... clicking sound

On 1/3/2019 at 11:03 PM, Chock said:

On the Fly Sim Ware Falcon, there's a little utility whereby you can drop the volume of that trim click, but in the absence of that option, if there is no similar facility with the Carenado one, it would be simple enough to open up the click sound file in an audio editor and drop the volume and save it. Not quite as convenient, but it'd only take a minute to do.

Sounds like a great idea! All I can find is an FMod file. Any idea where to find that sound file?

4 minutes ago, wobrock said:

Sounds like a great idea! All I can find is an FMod file. Any idea where to find that sound file?

Since I don't have the Carenado FA50, I have no idea. Nor do I know whether it is using a default sound, or one of its own. But...

If I was looking for it , I'd look in the aircraft's Sound folder, then open up the Sound config file in Notepad, then I'd find the trim sound reference in the list and note the file name, do a search for that file, open it up in a sound editor, reduce its volume, save it as the same file name with a 1 added to the end of the file name, then edit the sound file so it was looking for my new sound file with a 1 added to the end of its file name.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

18 minutes ago, Chock said:

Since I don't have the Carenado FA50, I have no idea. Nor do I know whether it is using a default sound, or one of its own. But...

If I was looking for it , I'd look in the aircraft's Sound folder, then open up the Sound config file in Notepad, then I'd find the trim sound reference in the list and note the file name, do a search for that file, open it up in a sound editor, reduce its volume, save it as the same file name with a 1 added to the end of the file name, then edit the sound file so it was looking for my new sound file with a 1 added to the end of its file name.

I like the idea of appending a 1 to the modified file then referencing it etc. Unfortunately this aircraft has no sound folder:( I don't get the whole FMod thing. Some of my Carenado aircraft have sound folders, some don't. I appreciate your efforts.

Just now, wobrock said:

I like the idea of appending a 1 to the modified file then referencing it etc. Unfortunately this aircraft has no sound folder:( I don't get the whole FMod thing. Some of my Carenado aircraft have sound folders, some don't. I appreciate your efforts.

Presumably there is some kind of sound config file somewhere. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here