Sign in to follow this  
ChaisWade

Default flight loading issue causing FSX to close.

Howdy, I am wondering if someone can help me out. I have an issue with FSX Steam Edition. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it and when I try to fire fsx up it gives me a message the is as follows " The requested flight file is corrupt or can't be found. Flight Simulator will now try to load the Default flight." and then FSX closes with, no crash report or anything. It just quits. I don't know how to fix this issue. I have uninstalled fsx and reinstalled as before mentioned, and, even went so far as to delete all the fsx files before uninstalling it. My though process was " If I delete all the files and then reinstall fsx it should fix it." Well as you can imagine that was not the case. If someone can help me I would very much appreciate it. PS: I am not interested in anyone's system specs ( PC specs) as that has nothing to do with a game issue that, before my writing this, was not an issue and fsx ran perfectly. Also, don't say " Uninstall it and reinstall it" as I have already done that 4 times. I've gone through the " Verify integrity of game files" Option on steam and all files came back as validated. I'm asking for honest and sincere help. Thank you 🙂

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :dry:  what aircraft and what departure airport are you using?  Have you made any changes to the default flight that uses the Air creation trike flying over Friday Harbor?

To look for FSX associated errors, you will have to look at your computer's Evebnnts Viewer.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hey charliearon thanks for replying to my inquiry. The last flight I save as the default flight was with a DLC ERJ-135LR out of Catalina which was modified with DLC scenery. I kept getting a "pure virtual failer" after and hour in the airplane. Following that I verified the integrity of the game files and steam found 3 files that failed to validate and requestered them. I then launched FSX again and again, after and hour in the Feel There ERJ - 135LR I got the same " pure virtual failer" crash message a can. both times I got this message was when I was in the FMC of the 135. At that time I uninstalled fsx and reinstalled it. it fired and ran. I then connected a TV screen via an HDMI cable so I could run the " Moving Maps" DLC on the tv screen. The Moving maps dlc was making me lag a tad bit so I shut it down and tried to put fsx in to full screen mode which made my PC screen and TV screen both go black. I could still hear the airplane I was flying which at that time was the Diamond DA 40 by Alabeo. I tested to see if I was just hear noise of if I was still in control by moving my throttle lever back and the mixture to cut off. When I moved the throttle back I heard the decelaration of the engine and when I pulled the mixture out the engine shut off and then re-fired when I firewalled the mixture. At this point I unplugged the HDMI cable from my PC while at the same time pressing alt+enter to go into windowed mode and then the window for FSX disappeared as well as did the sound of the airplane. I tried to re-fire fsx and it got as far as loading up to the image when you first fire fsx that just says " FSX steam edition. " and before fsx got to the main menu it just shut off. no crash report or anything. I when and looked at the Events Viewer which showed an adi.dll error. I went and downloaded the steam_api.dll and put it in, restarted my pc and launched fsx and it still closes before getting to the main menu with the same default flight message error thing. I don't know if there is something I need to do to the game config and if so I don't know where that would be or what to do even if I did find it. I was wondering if maybe there was a way to find the default flights in fsx which I think I did and I then deleted them, uninstalled fsx and reinstalled it and am still getting the " default flight error message about it being either corrupt or it can't find it. "

I would recommend using a default aircraft like the Baron58 or C-172 for the default flight especially if your default flight is set up for cold and dark start.  I also highly recommend never using the default flight as a starting point.  (That's just my opinion).

Sounds like you are never getting past what is referred to as the "SplashScreen".  Possible corrupt logbook. You can do a search on what to do for that.  Be very careful about installing .DLL files you get from the Internet.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

When you first start up FSX, it loads the dll.xml modules.  If any are corrupt of missing, it will not load FSX to the setup screen.  For the default flight, that is set up in the FSX.cfg so that might have gotten corrupted.  Whenever you have a problem starting up FSX, it will normally be the fsx.cfg, the dll.xml, or scenery.cfg at fault.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10 for more information on how to fix most crashes when starting up FSX.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your guys help and suggestions. I fixed it. Just in case anyone else has this issue the way I fixed it was, I opened the fsx.cfg file and deleted everything it in then I deleted the fsx.cfg and then uninstalled fsx. After that I reinstalled fsx and it put it pack to is factory or, "stock" if you will, setting and now fsx fires right up. and works. 

• Like 1