Sign in to follow this  
Real2Sim

GTN and smartcopilot (shared cockpit)

Hi Jean-Luc, I'm currently working on some smartcopilot files. I want to synchronize the GTN750 between both pilots and I've already added the differents commands (Home, DTO...) but what is missing is the touchscreen itself. Smartcopilot works by sending datarefs and commands between both computers so I think one way to do it is if you can add two datarefs like : pointer_x and pointer_y which would indicate where the cursor is on the screen and where to click.

PS: Si c'est plus simple pour vous nous pouvons communiquer en français par MP 🙂

Thanks once again for your amazing products and looking forward for the G500H.

Hi,

This is interesting but datarefs won't work because they are polled at interval in order to be sent. What would be best is to relay commands instead. They trigger upon actual actions (event based). We're packing up the update today but I'll see if we can insert a last minute change with a form of 'command' for you to experiment, as I've reviewed the SmartCopilot docs and they seem supporting commands too.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yeah smartcopilot is supporting commands so I can try this when the update comes out.

Thanks a lot for your support !

Hi,

Unfortunately we haven't been able to add a late minute change in the update, but I'll keep it in our TODO list for a future one.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi,

I'm not forgetting you and you may try something with v2.5.12:

1) add the following to your device setting in the ini file:
[GTN_750_1]
UseSharedTouch = true

2) configure SmartCopilot to share this dataref:
RXP/radios/indicators/shared_touch/GTN_750_1

This shall work more or less fine. However there are limitations:

NB: when enabling this option, you disable any mouse wheel input (pinch-in/out). There might be out-of-sync situations when you press zoom in/out or when you use any other 'animated' touch action (scrolling lists etc...) because the 'timing' of the animation is internally updated within the GTN independently and depending on the action, one could 'animate' the action a little faster than the other. This is why we disable mouse wheel but this can still be exhibited when pressing the (-) (+) buttons to zoom the map.

For these reasons, the feature is not documented yet and just experimental to toy with the idea for now.

However, you gave me the idea to explore the 'shared' cockpit capabilities and I've already started to explore how to do it the 'correct' way. This will take much more time before any official implementation though.

• Like 1

Hey,

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but we tried the shared touch dataref with no joy.
Really looking forward to get the gtn 750 for shared cockpit.

Regards

Wow, I've completely forgotten about this one!

Actually I'm glad someone actually tried it out!

Now it is experimental and certainly not reliable a feature because of the limitations documented above. However it should work fine with touch and drag.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:55 PM, RXP said:

2) configure SmartCopilot to share this dataref:
RXP/radios/indicators/shared_touch/GTN_750_1

I believe to make it work you have to share the dataref in a way which will work, but I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of SmartCopilot.

As long as any write on computer A reflects as quickly as possible on computer B, and vice-versa, this should work (we have validated it works locally between 2 GTN).

• Like 1

The click method didn't work.

I will give it another shot, will try the touch and drag method.

Edited by koohejie
Typo

Hey,

Just tested it out, the dataref works and the value changes. However, it won't click on the screen to go for the next page.
For example

RXP/radios/indicators/shared_touch/GTN_750_1 = 1382209537

That value is for the map page in the home screen. It won't go to the map page but the dataref changes for both.

Are you sure both computers are using the same GTN 750 #1 device (model + unit number)?

Have you manually added the setting to both RealityXP.GTN.ini files?

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Yes sir,

I even tried to create a lua script to check if it works on my side. It does not mouse click on the GTN Screen.
Lua script below:

dataref("PC12GTN", "RXP/radios/indicators/shared_touch/GTN_750_1", "writable")

PC12GTN = 1382209537

Regards