Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Show only addons (airport)

Hi! Alex,

Is there any possibility of the little navmap showing on the map only the airports that I installed on the simulator? (only my airport addon)

Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

I would love this option too. At the top I have force add-ons on but when I zoom out I still have thousands of unwanted airfields clogging up the map and freezing the app. 

In fact to get around this I made flight plans with all the orbx airports all around the world so when I load them I only see my airports and can save as new plan when I pick the two I want to use. Took me days of work doing this for every each continent and region! 

Basically if the same logic used for the search window could be used to display All airfields in the world this would be perfect! 

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Folks,

It's already in there... Of the four airport icons on the top menu - click only the one with the yellow star - unselect the rest - shows only those you have addon scenery for... Works well with the hundreds of freeware airports from ORBX too...

Of course you need to run the database update to scan your scenery.cfg after any scenery additions or deletions...

littlenavmap_airportoverview.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Upvote 2

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

27 minutes ago, JLuis said:

Hi! Alex,

Is there any possibility of the little navmap showing on the map only the airports that I installed on the simulator? (only my airport addon)

Thanks

22 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I would love this option too. At the top I have force add-ons on but when I zoom out I still have thousands of unwanted airfields clogging up the map and freezing the app. 

In fact to get around this I made flight plans with all the orbx airports all around the world so when I load them I only see my airports and can save as new plan when I pick the two I want to use. Took me days of work doing this for every each continent and region! 

Basically if the same logic used for the search window could be used to display All airfields in the world this would be perfect! 

51 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

It's already in there... Of the four airport icons on the top menu - click only the one with the yellow star - unselect the rest - shows only those you have addon scenery for... Works well with the hundreds of freeware airports from ORBX too...

Of course you need to run the database update to scan your scenery.cfg after any scenery additions or deletions...

https://imgur.com/6lfuyU0

I know of this option Scot, always have it selected but it does not work for me. Here is Africa as an example. It shows EVERY airport as well as addons. Yes I have my latest db scanned with each update of LNM.

Any ideas? I read the manual fully and cant see anyway to get rid of these darn default horrors from clogging up my map!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

I know of this option Scot, always have it selected but it does not work for me. Here is Africa as an example. It shows EVERY airport as well as addons. Yes I have my latest db scanned with each update of LNM.

Any ideas? I read the manual fully and cant see anyway to get rid of these darn default horrors from clogging up my map!

Hi Russell,

Hmm - strange - yeah - buttons look right - ORBX Vector ?

I had to exclude the ORBX Vector directories in order to get it to work right - I think any elevation corrections trigger a positive... That's a lot of false positives...

Regards,

Scott

3 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

I had to exclude the ORBX Vector directories in order to get it to work right

How did you do that Scott? inside LNM? I dont use AEC as I use Scenery Config Editor manually to get layers correct. 

Actually fails with the search too. It's a real pain! If I make addon airports optional or ON ALL airports are shown. If i turn add on OFF ZERO airports are shown. App is literally showing every single airport as an addon 😞

There are some AEC corrections in FTX Central Vector but only 100 or so not 10,000!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Russell,

Hmm - strange - yeah - buttons look right - ORBX Vector ?

I had to exclude the ORBX Vector directories in order to get it to work right - I think any elevation corrections trigger a positive... That's a lot of false positives...

Regards,

Scott

Hi! Scott,

Same here this function doesn't work for me and I didn't have vector installed.

Thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

It's already there... This tip from LNM online manual may come in handy. Scroll a little bit down looking for the tip title "Search for Add-On Airports" and check the image below. In a nutshell, for example, I have all my addons installed in a single folder "FSX root folder/MyAddons". So, I just enter *MyAddons* (the title of my addons folder with asterisks) into the relevant LNM search box called Scenery Path and have all my addon airports listed similar to the one shown on the image.

tipscenery.jpg

Edited by Bina

Regards,

Victor Quebec

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the issues - it’s beyond me then - it worked last time I looked and I’ve used it that way for years - maybe a recent update or something broke it... I haven’t updated in a while...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Another cool option would be a button with the favorite scenarios. Where you could mark all the scenarios that you like to fly.

José Luís

58 minutes ago, Bina said:

It's already there... This tip from LNM online manual may come in handy.

It's not....that's just for scenery search we are looking to only displaying addons in the MAP DISPLAY.

The search can be manipulated with terms such as *orbx* in the path display or *ftx* in the filename display boxes but that only shows in the search, not the map window which freezes up as soon as you zoom out.  Even doubling wild cards such as "*orbx*, *ftx*" won't even show the major addon orbx airports. Orbx of course forces you to use that directory under FSX you cannot move it although in my case I did and used a hard link to point the folder there. Still same issue though, can't browse ONLY them on map screen.

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

3 hours ago, albar965 said:

Disable all airport buttons except the "force add-on airports".

Alex

grafik.png

Please read my earlier post where the image clearly shows I have already done this obvious step! 

https://m.imgur.com/6lfuyU0

Edited by sloppysmusic

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK