Sign in to follow this  
_Gladius_

PC Aviator issues?

Has anyone heard anything recent about PC Aviator?  In early December, I purchased the upgrade for Drzewiecki Designs Seattle Airports X so I could finally get KSEA.  Something went wrong with the order process, as I was never directed to the order confirmation screen.  However, shortly afterward, I received a confirmation email with my download link, and the charge appeared on my credit card.  However, the link was broken, and kept redirecting me back to their home page.  I have emailed them several times about this, with the only response being an automated, "we'll get to you as soon as possible" email.  I've tried calling the number on their website, but it just rings and rings.  It doesn't even go to voicemail.

So does anyone know if something is going on with them?  Has anyone else had any similar issues with them recently?  I've ordered a lot of things through them, and never had any issues, but I won't order anything else unless this gets resolved.

Best thing I can say about PC Aviator customer service:  The're notorious in the flight sim world...

If you are in the US, I have had better luck calling them than emailing them. The phone number is on the top of their main page.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Have you tried logging into your account, clicking on order history, selecting All, and then clicking on your order?  Once you click on your order, there will be a download link.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Best thing I can say about PC Aviator customer service:  The're notorious in the flight sim world...

Making blanket statements like this does not help the OP or anyone.  There have been issues when members have had problems but this is rare.  If my download link does not work (and I have several products that I bought over the years that have bad download links), I simply go to their site and download it directly from my account.

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Have you tried logging into your account, clicking on order history, selecting All, and then clicking on your order?  Once you click on your order, there will be a download link.

Yes, and the order shows up.  But the download link takes me to a page that says, "Type the following into your browser to download" (I'm paraphrasing) but when I do that, the link must be broken, because I get redirected to the main page.

1 hour ago, Ted Striker said:

If you are in the US, I have had better luck calling them than emailing them. The phone number is on the top of their main page.

Ted

I tried that too, and the phone just rang and rang.

You are the only one reporting a broken link.  I do not see how computers can create a broken link to a product.  When you followed my instructions above by logging into your account, there is no such thing as having someone type something into your browser.  You just click on the product and it will begin downloading.  What browser do you own?  Can you see any store owner, say Amazon, telling you "thanks for your purchase.  We appreciate it!  Now, type the following into your browser address bar to get your product and enjoy!"  This topic is locked.

Submit News to AVSIM

I am unlocking the topic as the OP sent me a PM and indicated he clicked on the file to download and nothing happened except a tiny htm file was sent to his download folder.  I told him to doubleclick on the tiny htm file in his download folder and that will take him to the download.

So there was no broken link to the file and he probably did not have to type something in his browser.  All is good (or should be) but he was not familiar with their download procedures.

Submit News to AVSIM

That's not exactly true.  I've downloaded many files from them (Majestic Dash 8, DD New York City, both NY Airports, Washington DC, Seattle City, the original Seattle Airports (without KSEA), LatinVFR KSNA, and SXAD Norfolk) with no issues.  There is something wrong this time.  In my Orders History, the download link button links to an htm file, and on that page is:

Please enter this address into your browser to download Seattle Airports X with KSEA (Upgrade). https://www.pcaviator.com/aux/files/ddesign/XXXXX-Seattle_Airports_X.zip

(I changed the order number to the XXXXX's to protect my download)

I followed the directions as written, but the download doesn't start.  Instead, I get redirected back to the main page.  There are no dialog boxes that pop up explaining what went wrong.  I've tried turning my pop-up blocker off to see if maybe that was blocking something, but still no luck.

I redownloaded the original Seattle Airports, and it worked just fine, so it's not a problem with my downloading from their site.  There is something wrong with the link they provided me.

I've emailed them several times, and I've tried calling them.  I tried again just a few minutes ago, but no one answered the phone.  Has anyone heard anything from them?  I know it's the Holidays, so maybe they're on vacation, but an automatically generated email that says as much would really go a long way!

Yes.  That's what you told me in a PM and here is how I responded in the same PM:

The link you provided above is not the link to the airport.  I saved it to my HDD and clicked on it inside my computer and it just opens up featured products at PC Aviator.  When you sign into PC Aviator, click on order history, click on the order number, it should then open to a page where it has your order and a download link.  Click on the download link and it will take you to another page where the actual download is done. Left click on the download link and the download should begin.  There really is no update for Seattle Airports X.  You just have to download the whole file again.  So, if you have the original order, go to that and download it again.  It includes all the updates.

I just bought another scenery from them and had no problems whatsoever.  They had a file with a .exe extension and I click on that and the download began.  Actually, they now install the product from their website and do not download the product to your drive.

Submit News to AVSIM

20 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Actually, they now install the product from their website and do not download the product to your drive.

What, no way ! Never buying from them again !  I bought it, I want a backup installer.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:53 PM, _Gladius_ said:

That's not exactly true.  I've downloaded many files from them (Majestic Dash 8, DD New York City, both NY Airports, Washington DC, Seattle City, the original Seattle Airports (without KSEA), LatinVFR KSNA, and SXAD Norfolk) with no issues.  There is something wrong this time.  In my Orders History, the download link button links to an htm file, and on that page is:

Please enter this address into your browser to download Seattle Airports X with KSEA (Upgrade). https://www.pcaviator.com/aux/files/ddesign/XXXXX-Seattle_Airports_X.zip

(I changed the order number to the XXXXX's to protect my download)

I followed the directions as written, but the download doesn't start.  Instead, I get redirected back to the main page.  There are no dialog boxes that pop up explaining what went wrong.  I've tried turning my pop-up blocker off to see if maybe that was blocking something, but still no luck.

I redownloaded the original Seattle Airports, and it worked just fine, so it's not a problem with my downloading from their site.  There is something wrong with the link they provided me.

I've emailed them several times, and I've tried calling them.  I tried again just a few minutes ago, but no one answered the phone.  Has anyone heard anything from them?  I know it's the Holidays, so maybe they're on vacation, but an automatically generated email that says as much would really go a long way!

Yes, I can confirm this just happened to me too. This is the same exact file (KSEA UPGRADE) and it does exactly what Gladius experienced...

Jim, when you say: "...There really is no update for Seattle Airports X.  You just have to download the whole file again.  So, if you have the original order, go to that and download it again.  It includes all the updates." that's what I thought too and I do believe that is the case.

I do have DD KSEA installed (just landed there) and it all works well. I'm not sure why PC Aviator does not explain this in the order history...it sure would save a lot forum post's here at AVSIM.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

2 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

What, no way ! Never buying from them again !  I bought it, I want a backup installer.

The backup is in your account at PC Aviator or MegaScenery.

Submit News to AVSIM

1 hour ago, flyblueskies said:

I do have DD KSEA installed (just landed there) and it all works well. I'm not sure why PC Aviator does not explain this in the order history...it sure would save a lot forum post's here at AVSIM.

I got mine from SimMarket and that's what they told me to do.  Just download the product again.

Submit News to AVSIM