Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Maybe I was the only one to miss this?

OrbX to move to xml installs

Link removed

Edited by Jim Young
Link removed. Details can be posted here. No reason to send our members to another website where, if not logged in, you may not get access.
  • Upvote 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thanks Kevin I missed that news too ,good news.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Darn right!!!! Lol, I am on that thread and missed that post.

Finally all other players will move outside the sim.  I utterly dislike developers being lazy, and I do call them out in the forums here and there....lol - no outside installation - what the heck.....come on.

Orbx moves, and now others will move.  I am sure LM had a say in it...and I hope my posts on here contributed to the cause (I believe so...I bugged Rob about it)...I am sure he passed the message to LM and Orbx....lol

We all should be excited now about this....reinstalling the sim and fixing issues will be less tedious.  

Most important thing is we all save so much time now.  OMG, time saved is epic.  We can lose addons, and get addons, but can not get time back.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

You can be sure that installing in the sim will no longer be supported or possible in V5

So how will this affect your currently installed ORBX stuff..

I have the full Global range, including FTX Global base, North America, South America, and Europe Landclass, Vector, and HD Trees. Naturally, it's currently all installed and controlled thru FTX Central.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

So how will this affect your currently installed ORBX stuff..

I have the full Global range, including FTX Global base, North America, South America, and Europe Landclass, Vector, and HD Trees. Naturally, it's currently all installed and controlled thru FTX Central.

Will most likely be an uninstall and reinstall but well worth it.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

Will most likely be an uninstall and reinstall but well worth it.

Thanks.

Sounds simple enough..😎

I would imagine that it will be an optional update to central. I'll guess that you will have to have a backup of the files that Central overwrote in the sim to migrate to the new central with the orbx stuff outside the sim. You get that option to make backups when you first install global in the the sim but I don't think it was mandatory. I would imagine that the update will migrate the Orbx scenery to a folder or folders of you choice outside the sim. Something like that. I doubt if a complete uninstall and reinstall of ORBX scenery will be required. But who knows.

It will be a good thing and worth the time, thanks for the HU Kevin.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I was getting round to doing a full install of P3Dv4.4 I may wait if this is coming soon.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I was getting round to doing a full install of P3Dv4.4 I may wait if this is coming soon.

I do not think this is anytime soon.  Please enjoy your P3D4.4

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

You can be sure that installing in the sim will no longer be supported or possible in V5

With high probability this will be the case with P3Dv5.

I will check I'm running the client at the moment and enjoying it. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

OrbX to move to xml installs

Yeah I heard that was in the works ... a few more adjustments and it'll solve his bandwidth costs too 😉

Cheers, Rob.