Sign in to follow this  
wyman_hd

FS Global Next Gen Ultimate issues

I just got a 70 GB mesh "FS Global" and was pleasantly disappointed. The edges of taxiways at KSFO are jagged:

DwBRF2_UYAAgwu6.jpg

DwBRGkUUUAEm4-G.jpg

And the deal breaker was that at RKSI, (Incheon, South Korea) was that the terrain was HEAVILY messed up. The terrain was all wibble wobbly, and I don't know what to do. (Disabling  FS Global is not an option, because it would waste all the internet data i had to spend downloading this) I had to disable Overland RKSI, because it was even worse! The taxiways were raised up 30 feet in the air, and the runways were submerged with excess terrain.

DwBRCz5UYAI_K6X.jpg

DwBRD3gU8AALHXe.jpg

i didn't have a problem with FS Global in VHHX (FlyTampa) so not too sure why it looked like Korea had a massive earthquake.

EDIT:

I found out I disabled a .bgl file from ORBX Vector for Overland RKSI, and when I re-enabled it, it went away.

DwBTTPcU0AAn4g4.jpg

Edited by arwasairl

You have to download Pilots free Airport Elevation Correction utility and run it for each airport that shows elevation issues.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

You have to download Pilots free Airport Elevation Correction utility and run it for each airport that shows elevation issues.

I can't find this

Edited by arwasairl

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Alright I found it

It does a similar job as the elevation corrections included with ORBX Vector. You can check what the tool does with tfmviewer from the P3d4 SDK. The tool raises up the surrounding terrain to match the airport elevation but blends the increase gradually.

I logged into my Pilot's account but I still can't fine the flattening utility.

Where exactly is it?

Tnx,

Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I dunno Lloyd, it's under my account at "My Downloads" as AFM2 RC2 which stands for Airport Flattening Mesh. Could it be that you never registered your Pilots mesh product?

Got it! Thanks!

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I've found it cures a lot of mesh-related "ills" with payware airports. Of course, it won't correct problems cause by accidentally having multiple versions of a 3rd party airport installed.

40 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I've found it cures a lot of mesh-related "ills" with payware airports. Of course, it won't correct problems cause by accidentally having multiple versions of a 3rd party airport installed.

I uninstalled FSGlobal, but now this is happening. (ORBX KMRY is the only airport i know that happens to this)

DwFUAQpV4AAYedW.jpg

45 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Hi Jay-

While I don’t think I have multiple versions of airports installed, how would you determine if you had parts of multiple versions installed, or is this even possible?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by newtie
Sp

1 minute ago, newtie said:

Hi Jay-

while I don’t think I have multiple versions of airports installed, how would you determine if you had parts of multiple versions installed, or is this even possible?

Thanks,

Mark

Maybe an AFCAD scanner?

1 hour ago, newtie said:

Hi Jay-

While I don’t think I have multiple versions of airports installed, how would you determine if you had parts of multiple versions installed, or is this even possible?

Thanks,

Mark

ScruffyDuck (Jon) has written the freeware Simple Airport Scanner utility which will find duplicates...it is available at ScruffyDuck Software under the "other software" page.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB