Sign in to follow this  
rowcoach

RXP GTN 750 Blank Screen, No Menu FSX (resolved)

Good evening,

I picked up the genuine Reality XP GTN 750 from  earlier in the week, tried today for the first time to install it into a couple planes. I started with the Carenado planes as that seemed the logical place to start.

I first used the add-on menu from FSX to automatically install the GPS unit. The GPS unit was where it should be, but the screen was blank. I tried all the click spots, but I couldn't find an on/off switch.

I removed it, and tried reinstalling it using the F1GTN750S340.exe, but ran into the same result - Blank screen and the touch screen didn't work either.

I'm not sure if there is a step i'm missing. I have tried using Google for some ideas, but most of them seem to involve having the blank screen, but still able to use the touch screen menu.

Here is my log file:

19/01/03 22:38:40.909 13608 -    ] # rxpGTN.DLL version 2.5.10.0
19/01/03 22:38:40.909 13608 INFO ]

I was receiving a message from Norton that reality xp.dll was being quarantined, but I think I figured that one out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

colin

Edited by RXP

Here is what it looks like in the Carenado Cessna 337

RoxyjeE.jpg

You can see the frequencies in the radio, so the Nav switch is turned on.

Edited by rowcoach

1 hour ago, rowcoach said:

I was receiving a message from Norton that reality xp.dll was being quarantined, but I think I figured that one out.

Too many of us are successfully using these products, so what you reported may an example of what is causing be the problem you are experiencing. What clues you to your report that you ",,,think you have figured that one out?"

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

51 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Too many of us are successfully using these products, so what you reported may an example of what is causing be the problem you are experiencing. What clues you to your report that you ",,,think you have figured that one out?"

Fppilot - thanks for the reply. As so many people seem to be running this without issue, I assume it’s something I’m doing wrong. My AV was blocking a program during installation, but I managed to exclude it  Unfortunately, I’m still getting the blank screen  

I did notice someone mentioning the need to run the Garmin trainer software at the same time. I tried that, but it didn’t seem to help either 

iF NOT DOING, make sure you launch P3D as administrator. That got me after recent purchase since I was able to use it in XPlane 11 without launching XP11 as administrator.

:P Timothy Murphy

2 minutes ago, t4murphy said:

iF NOT DOING, make sure you launch P3D as administrator. That got me after recent purchase since I was able to use it in XPlane 11 without launching XP11 as administrator.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m using FSX, but I have been running FSX as administrator. I had to learn that the hard way a couple times. 

Cheers,

colin

Sorry didnt see the FSX in the beginning, good luck, very frustrating when these things dont work. Have the Carenado  Bonanza F33A which has same issue as yours but works in all my other XP11 AC. Can add it as a popup but not in the VC.

:P Timothy Murphy

Tried a couple things this morning, but still no luck. I’ve noticed something like n the manual that I’m not able to do in my sim. It talks about holding down the shift key and right clicking on the upper corner of the gps. When I do this, nothing happens. No menu pops up. 

Into what models of aircraft have you installed the GTN?  Check in each aircraft's main folder and verify the following file is present and report back.

RealityXP.GTN.ini

If you cannot bring up the menu with a shift+left-click on the gauge from the VC, pop up the 2D gauge and try the shift+left-click on the top edge of it.  With some aircraft models the GTN bezel provided by the aircraft's creator gets in the way.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Fppilot - once again, thanks for getting back to me. 

Okay, I have the GTN installed on n the Carenado Cessna 337. Yes, the ini file is where it should be. I can’t seem to pull up the 2D version in FSX. This may be an issues with ChasePlane though. I turned off ChasePlane and was able to pull up the 2D GTN (by pushing the F10 key) and it was working fine. However, the GTN in the virtual cockpit is still powered down (blank screen). 

Cheers,

colin

Not sure what I did, but all looks good now. 

I removed the unit and then reinstalled using the auto installer from the Add On menu. Everything looks good now. Now I’m off to figure out how to program flight plans. 

Thanks for all your help. 

Cheers,

colin