Sign in to follow this  
simbol

AIG Manager and AI Lights Reborn Free edition

As you are aware the fantastic package of AIG Manager has been released for public beta testing, however If you are using AI Lights Reborn Free Edition you might encounter a conflict with some of the AIG models AI lights, this is because AIG Manager is using the add-on.xml and declaring accordingly a section to deliver the base model default effects:

To avoid any effects conflicts please follow these steps:

1.- Locate your P3D Add-ons folder, for example C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

2.- Find the Folder with the name AIG Manager.

3.- Make a backup of your Add-on.xml file

4.- Edit the Add-on.xml using Notepad++

5.- Remove the Effects section as highlighted below:

6VZNLum.jpg

6.- Save the changes, and relaunch P3D.

All the best,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi Symbol,

Would it be enough just to remove the effects related to the nav lights that are duplicates to the ones you have in AI Lights Reborn?

The reason I ask is because with P3Dv4, there are some effects in that folder that other AI models use such as wing lights, logo lights, etc.

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

19 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Hi Symbol,

Would it be enough just to remove the effects related to the nav lights that are duplicates to the ones you have in AI Lights Reborn?

The reason I ask is because with P3Dv4, there are some effects in that folder that other AI models use such as wing lights, logo lights, etc.

Hi Devin,

Yes your suggestion would work fine, infact I am in contact with AIG developers and we are working on a mutual solution that would follow exactly this approach, so their software will automatically avoid the conflict by checking the existence of FSReborn freeware or payware (currently on Beta) and remove only the effects files that would cause any conflict.

Best,
Simbol

Fantastic Symbol.  I'm just trying to troubleshoot my FAIB models that are not showing nav lights...haven't located the cause yet.  Can't find the conflict...yet.  🙂

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

23 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

my FAIB models that are not showing nav lights

Some of them have the navigation lights configuration "commented", open the Aircraft config files and confirm the configuration is correct.

Best wishes,
Simbol

Yes, they are correct.  I use the NWF models, and have "enable nav light on always" in the fuel section and removed the // in the LIGHTS section. 

I believe the nav lights are working, and the beacons are working, just very hard to see.  The nav lights do cause a light splash on the ground and the beacons and strobes splash on the airframe which I assume is caused by your updated fx files.  I guess I'm just used to the bigger red and green lights from the old fx files!  🙂

This is some awesome work on your part Symbol.  Looking forward to what other tricks you can come up with!!

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

27 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

This is some awesome work on your part Symbol.  Looking forward to what other tricks you can come up with!!

Thank you very much.

28 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

I guess I'm just used to the bigger red and green lights from the old fx files!

yes, P3D default effects look huge even on 4K, my freeware helps to reduce this but the Professional Edition will allow users to adjust all sort of settings so they can customise the end results without compromising AI Lights looks so they show as close as posible to "RW" (Real World Operation).

Enjoy,

Simbol

just stumbled upon this and put it into my sim. havent really got to try it out but I loaded it up for a few minutes at night and it looks good! hopefully i can get a flight in tomorrow and see it in action a little longer. great job

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Redwood said:

just stumbled upon this and put it into my sim. havent really got to try it out but I loaded it up for a few minutes at night and it looks good! hopefully i can get a flight in tomorrow and see it in action a little longer. great job

Many thanks for your feedback, if you like my freeware you will love AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition - it is on Beta at the moment :wink:.

Regards,
Simbol

I have a question.

If I disable AIGOCI Effects folder in *xml file then many other Effects' files related to numerous other AI with specific file-names will be disabled. How to deal with this situation? 

Thanks

Dmitriy

15 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

I have a question.

If I disable AIGOCI Effects folder in *xml file then many other Effects' files related to numerous other AI with specific file-names will be disabled. How to deal with this situation? 

Thanks

Dmitriy

I am not sure if I understand you, the idea is that my effects should take priority over the AIGOCI effects as otherwise you will not be able to see my strobes, navs, beacons, etc.

The current AI Lights Reborn Freeware has all these custom names lights navigation effects already (IE: fx_FAIB_A318_navred.fx) and accordingly all the AIGM airplanes will have the required navigation lights in place.

I have been in contact with the AIGOCI developers for a while and I have asked them to detect the presence of my freeware in order to avoid any effects conflict as it is occurring, but unfortunately they haven't done this yet, so the steps above are still necessary.

You could ask them one more time via the AIG forums if you want :wink:.

** UPDATE **

Kai has confirmed the compatibility will be added after AIM (OCI) version 0.9.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Simbol,

What I meant is that by disabling OCI Effects folder I will probably lose the effects associated with other AI planes such as TFS, FSP and many-many other that do not use generic effects and FAIB effects. AI Reborn Lights have replacements for generic and FAIB planes only. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumptions.   

8 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

Simbol,

What I meant is that by disabling OCI Effects folder I will probably lose the effects associated with other AI planes such as TFS, FSP and many-many other that do not use generic effects and FAIB effects. AI Reborn Lights have replacements for generic and FAIB planes only. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumptions.   

The only alternative you have is to manually delete any effects from the OCI folder that could conflict with AI Lights Reborn.

As I said on my previous post, I spoke yesterday again with Kai and he will be working on making the OCI Installer compatible with all the FSReborn series (Freeware and Pro) but you will not see this until OCI version 0.9 and above.

All the best,
Simbol

• Like 1

Update:

Kai & Chris have released a new version of AIM(OC):

AIM v0.8.5.0 is available now :

• Activity Levels can be set up in setting now
  • FS reborn lights check implemented (OCI only)
  • bugfixes and UI updates

This means that with AIM (OCI) v 0.8.5.0 and above you should not have any more effects conflicts, however you need to clear the AIG(OCI) effects folder from any conflict as the update will only reflect against new models, etc. unless of course you are installing AIM from scratch.

Many special thanks for Kai & Chris for their efforts to enable compatibility between both freeware.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol