Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Flightbeam KPDX is out!

If someone can save me a trip to their forum I would appreciate it, I have elevation problems big time, using orbx PNW, Global, vector, ran the flightbeam troubleshooter, no issues found for KPDX, I also don't see anything in the manual about having to disable any orbx files

edit, fixed, surprised that is  not in the docs

Edited by MrSpeaker

11 minutes ago, MrSpeaker said:

If someone can save me a trip to their forum I would appreciate it, I have elevation problems big time, using orbx PNW, Global, vector, ran the flightbeam troubleshooter, no issues found for KPDX, I also don't see anything in the manual about having to disable any orbx files

edit, fixed, surprised that is  not in the docs

Can you tell me how you fixed it, as I'm having the same issues.

Mario Di Lauro

4 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Can you tell me how you fixed it, as I'm having the same issues.

Run the Troubleshooter in the Flightbeam Manager app to find conflicts and disable them.  Worked like a charm.

-Rich

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

Just bought it. I would buy Flightbeam product eyes closed. Portland brings me a lot of aviation souvenir (my first VFR short approach after few hours flying in US). Performance are great (not visible on video, perf. hit by the Shadow play recording feature). Details are great and I love parking my Cessna at Flightcraft/Atlantic FBO 😉

31674165717_dfef732205_b_d.jpg

31674165977_0145ef34dd_b_d.jpg

31674165107_2828ddf174_b_d.jpg

46563158672_bd9ea42de4_b_d.jpg

31674164397_7396e04089_b_d.jpg

31674163967_9685e4b49e_b_d.jpg

46563158132_12a31c094d_b_d.jpg

45880748294_e0fd820c2a_b_d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

48 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

Run the Troubleshooter in the Flightbeam Manager app to find conflicts and disable them.  Worked like a charm.

-Rich

Excellent. Seems to work for me too. A little confusing, to say the least,

Mario Di Lauro

Anyone getting this error?

"The scenery has not been totally installed because of the following reason:"
"Flightbeam\Flightbeam-KPDX\scenery\kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl: This file contains invalid data.
(error 11 FD)
"You will have to run this utility again to completely install the scenery."

There is no kpdx_ortho_1m.bgl in the scenery folder and i get no option screen to select P3D v4.4,
any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I already have KDEN-HD, KMSP, KSFO-HD installed fine.

Already posted on FB Forum waiting for a response.

Edited by christb

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the night ground textures are pretty bad for my taste.  The are similar to the night FSDT textures like from the post “strange night ground textures”.  It could be a tomato shade thing but it was way different than any Flightbeam I have seen.  It’s a ripple like black and white zebra ish effect    

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier but the night ground textures are pretty bad for my taste.  The are similar to the night FSDT textures like from the post “strange night ground textures”.  It could be a tomato shade thing but it was way different than any Flightbeam I have seen.  It’s a ripple like black and white zebra ish effect    

I just came in here to post the same thing. The ground textures have that fuzzy 'moire' effect that I am seeing on a lot of addon airports now.  It has always been an issue with FSDT textures (KCLT has it really bad) and I never had it at all on any other Flightbeam airports until this one. They look great during the day but at night it is not good with landing/taxi lights on. I think it is a side effect of optimizing the textures to look good during the day but this seems to have a negative effect with dynamic lighting.  I wonder why this is different than the other Flightbeam airports though...KMSP runway/taxiway textures are perfect at night.  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

14 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

It doesn't have anything to do with Vector though. Deactivating the FTX PNW files is all that is needed. 

Dave, If you have a moment would you list the  files to be deactivated? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer for this stuff. Many thanks.

Dave

11 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

Dave, If you have a moment would you list the  files to be deactivated? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer for this stuff. Many thanks.

Dave

If you run the FlightBeam Trouble shooter, it will identify these files:

JkwpeWC.jpg

In my case, my P3DV4 is located on my E: drive...

Edited by flyblueskies
  • Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thank you, Dave. I now understand how to do this. Everything is resolved with KPDX now. All the best,

Dave

Edited by dbw1

1 hour ago, Flic1 said:

I just came in here to post the same thing. The ground textures have that fuzzy 'moire' effect that I am seeing on a lot of addon airports now.  It has always been an issue with FSDT textures (KCLT has it really bad) and I never had it at all on any other Flightbeam airports until this one.

Man, you got that right... It's the reason I pretty much gave up on the FSDT airport scenery's

None of the FB scenery's has given me similar issues, and I have all of them except EDDN, but I just installed KPDX, so i'll have to check out the night textures effect you're talking about...

19 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

It's great scenery, but I find it quite heavy on FPS. Disabling PNW didn't seem to make much difference.

I have to agree.

Just tried it out, and even disabling all the eye candy stuff in the FB manager, frame rates are the worst of any FB scenery I have, and I have them all except EDDN.

I've got good hardware, and a system that's well optimized, so I'm not sure why this one is not performing as well as the others. Take FB KPHX for example... the airport is huge, probably 3 times the size of KPDX, and the surrounding Phoenix metropolitan area literally dwarfs the Portland area, yet my FB KPHX performs much better, and the same can be said for KMSP, KIAD, etc etc.  Very strange...😶

6 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I have to agree.

Just tried it out, and even disabling all the eye candy stuff in the FB manager, frame rates are the worst of any FB scenery I have, and I have them all except EDDN.

I've got good hardware, and a system that's well optimized, so I'm not sure why this one is not performing as well as the others. Take FB KPHX for example... the airport is huge, probably 3 times the size of KPDX, and the surrounding Phoenix metropolitan area literally dwarfs the Portland area, yet my FB KPHX performs much better, and the same can be said for KMSP, KIAD, etc etc.  Very strange...😶

I have a system similar to yours and for me KPDX is as smooth as a baby's, just like all the other FB airports. I have everything turned on the FB manager. I get a bit of stutters at KPHX, sometimes KMSP can become a little bit taxing on the system. I don't think it's scenery specific, probably more about different systems, settings, addons, etc..

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

27 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I have a system similar to yours and for me KPDX is as smooth as a baby's, just like all the other FB airports. I have everything turned on the FB manager. I get a bit of stutters at KPHX, sometimes KMSP can become a little bit taxing on the system. I don't think it's scenery specific, probably more about different systems, settings, addons, etc..

Yeah, you are probably right.. I just got a BenQ 4K UHD monitor running @ 3840x2160 resolution, and i've noticed that performance is a bit lower at some of my more complex airport add on scenery than it was with my old 2560x1440 monitor, not terrible mind you, but it's noticeable. I'll try turning off some of the features in FB manager and see if that helps. I'm also considering a 2080Ti to replace my 1080Ti.