Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

Did Robert mean between Christmas and Chinese New Year?

When Rsrandazzo said the update would be between Christmas and New year, did he mean Chinese New Year? 

• Like 2

Oh please... the other thread got locked for a reason... 

What's so wrong with the current version that makes one or two so desperate for this update?

David Porrett

Update cures, among other things, the 748 crash if Navigraph connection times out.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

to shorten down the wait time do some flights. 🙂

i'm doing the 747 tour of my va.

currently on my way from ojed to ebbm in the wonderfull 747-8f with fs2crew co pilot. everytime i go to the outside view i fall in love with this Beauty.

and i have to play stevie wonder: isn't she lovley 🙂

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

14 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Update cures, among other things, the 748 crash if Navigraph connection times out.

That's good. I do have that problem myself - my solution was to not use the EFB temporarily. I sort of knew it would one day be fixed so decided to wait patiently.

David Porrett

4 minutes ago, 331BK said:

to shorten down the wait time do some flights. 🙂

i'm doing the 747 tour of my va.

currently on my way from ojed to ebbm in the wonderfull 747-8f with fs2crew co pilot. everytime i go to the outside view i fall in love with this Beauty.

that works fine. I do the same. At the moment I fly from MUC to BOS and then back.

And I also fall in love with this wonderful queen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MarkW said:

And everyone wonders why PMDG are so reluctant to give dates of any kind.

Many developers as you know don't.

It comes to my mind when was the last time P3D LM gave you any date about when they will release the next update?  Then there is another issue with some people that are looking for any excuse possible to start unproductive discussions.  

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Release dates?

Don't get me started!  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

4 minutes ago, DavidP said:

my solution was to not use the EFB temporarily.

There‘s not much use to me either. I prefer to use LIDO charts and therefore I‘ve not continued my navigraph charts subscription but use te Aerosoft provided solution. And until the performance calculation is fully implemented I really don‘t need the EFB except for the QRH maybe. 

15 minutes ago, 331BK said:

747-8f with fs2crew co pilot.

Did they manage to include the electronic checklist or is it only a „transplanted“ 744 function?

7 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

There‘s not much use to me either. I prefer to use LIDO charts and therefore I‘ve not continued my navigraph charts subscription but use te Aerosoft provided solution. And until the performance calculation is fully implemented I really don‘t need the EFB except for the QRH maybe. 

Did they manage to include the electronic checklist or is it only a „transplanted“ 744 function?

No they didn`t Brian stated that it has legal and "technical" things. 

That`s the exact statement from the FS2Crew forum:

Due to SDK, legal, and technical limits, the FS2Crew FO cannot interface with the Electronic Checklist System (ECL), so you'll be using the same paper checklists you used in the 400.  

brgds

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

19 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

There‘s not much use to me either

To tell you the truth, I haven't really missed it that much.

David Porrett

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

No they didn`t Brian stated that it has legal and "technical" things. 

That`s the exact statement from the FS2Crew forum:

Due to SDK, legal, and technical limits, the FS2Crew FO cannot interface with the Electronic Checklist System (ECL), so you'll be using the same paper checklists you used in the 400.  

brgds

That‘s a real pity... the 748 is designed to be flown with the ECL... in fact, it will complain yellow if you don‘t. But I haven‘t tried it so I don‘t want to discredit it. 

I have flown it with the 747-8 and in fact tested it for Bryan, it isn't much of a hassle to go through the ECL during the time you are going through the checklist with the FO. it is an easy click click click and you are done with it for that checklist.