Sign in to follow this  
Yosm

Did Robert mean between Christmas and Chinese New Year?

8 minutes ago, tbarker1989 said:

I have flown it with the 747-8 and in fact tested it for Bryan, it isn't much of a hassle to go through the ECL during the time you are going through the checklist with the FO. it is an easy click click click and you are done with it for that checklist.

Which shouldn‘t be done by the pilot flying... anyway, I‘m just about to start up my PC to try it.. 👍

That is understandable Marc but due to limitations and such that is the best that could be came up with. Is it an inconvenience? Slightly, does it get the job done? Yes.

14 minutes ago, tbarker1989 said:

That is understandable Marc but due to limitations and such that is the best that could be came up with. Is it an inconvenience? Slightly, does it get the job done? Yes.

Oh I don‘t blame Bryan for that... It just feels strange.. the 744 version has been done into amazing detail even with the abnormal situation handling and now a key feature can‘t be done for... reasons.. it just doesn‘t feel right. Maybe in the future PMDG and FS2C can work out a solution together, who knows. I‘d love it, since I doubt there will be many aircraft in the future using paper checklists.

but I‘ve just loaded up in Frankfurt, so I‘ll try it out in a couple of minutes ^^

Edited by Ephedrin

I hoped at least this weekend, my last chance before my family is back and I will not be able to fly… 

I can't understand why all this time (already more than 2 months since the first expected release) for an airplane that was already almost perfect...

Edited by jgoggi
  • Upvote 1

James Goggi

the magic word is "almost". 😉 

To have a 99% percent perfect aircraft it needs some time extra. (@PMDG don't angry about the 99%. 100% is never possible 😛 )

And... my aircraft works fine as it is.

So I can wait for the finetuning and the little gadgets

38 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

I hoped at least this weekend, my last chance before my family is back and I will not be able to fly… 

At least you get to fly. Last time I did was second week of December.

38 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

I can't understand why all this time (already more than 2 months since the first expected release) for an airplane that was already almost perfect...

Unless you have access to the list of issues that needed to be fixed, you have no idea what actually needed to be done. I know of a few things that needed to be done since I was the one who submitted the support ticket in the first place, but even then, it comes nowhere near close to the list of issues they have that we don't know about.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I assume that part of the delay is because a solution has to be found for the "no RAAS announcement" problem with the 747-400BCF and F models (and possibly others).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I assumr that part of the delay is because a solution has to be found for the "no RAAS announcement" problem with the 747-400BCF and F models (and possibly others).

Need some coordination on that item. That one won't make this update.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

My 747 just updated, going to go from Jakarta to Sydney and see what has changed 😋

• Upvote 1

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

17 minutes ago, Lawy said:

My 747 just updated, going to go from Jakarta to Sydney and see what has changed 😋

Oh yea the Update is out 😄