Sign in to follow this  
edugrillo

FSX Virtual Cockpit Movement/Pan

Hi all. 

First, sorry if this subject was mentioned before, but I couldn`t find it. I've searched here and google. 

Does anyone know how I can look at overhead panel, FMC, radio stack, etc, like if you were panning? Some examples are shown on the following video at 1:08 / 2:29 / 5:53 ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qVID3dJAoI

I appreciate a lot if anybody could help me.

Thanks!

System specs:

System Specs: Intel I7 8700k (overclocked to 4.8ghz); GTX 1070 FTW; 1x Samsung 860 EVO Corsair; Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz; Asus Maximus x Hero

FSX Steam / PMDG 777 

While in the VC, have you tried pressing the spacebar and moving your mouse?  It's called "mouse look".

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 minutes ago, charliearon said:

While in the VC, have you tried pressing the spacebar and moving your mouse?  It's called "mouse look".

Thanks for replying charliearon! Yes, looking around holding spacebar and moving my mouse works fine. However, I would like to switch some views (e.g. Overhead Panel, FMC, Radio Stack, MCP) as which I think it looks more realistic and easier. Did you have a chance to take a look at the video that I stated above? 

Thank you and sorry for those questions.

10 minutes ago, edugrillo said:

Thanks for replying charliearon! Yes, looking around holding spacebar and moving my mouse works fine. However, I would like to switch some views (e.g. Overhead Panel, FMC, Radio Stack, MCP) as which I think it looks more realistic and easier. Did you have a chance to take a look at the video that I stated above? 

Thank you and sorry for those questions.

I'm wondering if I need to use an addon as EZdoc. Maybe that is the answer, but I just don't want to assume it and hope someone can tell me if is the only way.

OK, keep in mind that you are watching a highly edited and massaged video made by someone with editing skill and probably some payware editing software.

I am assuming you are referring to the fade--in and fade-out shots between looking out the pilot's window and upper panel and FMC.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, keep in mind that you are watching a highly edited and massaged video made by someone with editing skill and probably some payware editing software.

I am assuming you are referring to the fade--in and fade-out shots between looking out the pilot's window and upper panel and FMC.

Yes you got it - fade in/out! Sorry I wasn't able to express myself well. I still struggle a bit with my english. 

So based on that, Is this setup made only by an addon like EZdok? 

Nothing to do with EZdoc or cameras.  The pilot does not see that as he is flying.  It's all editing magic when the flight is finished for folks like you to view as a movie.

Indiana Jones was never really chased by that giant boulder! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Yes edugrillo it is called fade in and fade out.  As far as I know only video editing software do that.  Off the top of my head if you use iMovie on a Mac, you can select it under Transitions (for example).  I don't think any camera add-on do that.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

I just wanted to say that I hope I did not misinterpret your post.  I was assuming you wanted to see all of these effects while flying and not that you wanted to make movies.:wacko:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

On 1/5/2019 at 5:59 AM, charliearon said:

I just wanted to say that I hope I did not misinterpret your post.  I was assuming you wanted to see all of these effects while flying and not that you wanted to make movies.:wacko:

I'm glad you answered my post! You've clarified those effects to me.😀 In the other hand, I am sad because I thought that would be able to move my cameras around the VC while flying.☹️ 

Thanks charliearon, I appreciate your time and explanation! 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, BF Bullpup said:

Yes edugrillo it is called fade in and fade out.  As far as I know only video editing software do that.  Off the top of my head if you use iMovie on a Mac, you can select it under Transitions (for example).  I don't think any camera add-on do that.

Hi BF Bullpup! Tks for replying my post! I figured that EZdok does something similar but I will have to search more to find out whether I can move the cameras while flying or not. This guy (on this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdn_gC7ELk ) made a tutorial on "How to setup EZdok" and It is exactly what I wanted, but again I don't know if I can move the cameras while flying. 

I will post here if I figure it out 😃

Thanks again!  

56 minutes ago, edugrillo said:

Hi BF Bullpup! Tks for replying my post! I figured that EZdok does something similar but I will have to search more to find out whether I can move the cameras while flying or not. This guy (on this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWdn_gC7ELk ) made a tutorial on "How to setup EZdok" and It is exactly what I wanted, but again I don't know if I can move the cameras while flying.

I don't have EZdok, but I am pretty sure you can move the cameras when flying with it.  That tutorial video you linked should help you with it.

• Like 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors