Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

EMB505 with Navigraph Package

I could use some advice or help.  Just installed the EMB505 and the Navigraph package.  Used the Navigraph FMC Manager to install the latest update.  When opening EMB505 it showed the database being updated.  But I'm not sure the latest database is being used as it shows a date of 30 March 2016.  I see that the Navigraph files are in a separate folder, CarenadoNavigraph, within the P3Dv4..  The only files in the Carenado folder are the PDF documents.

Is everything set up okay - why does the dataset show 30 March 2015 on the panel?   Is there anything I need to do to tie things together?  I've seen no documentation on this including within the Navigraph G1000 manual.  Am I trying to make this more complicated than it needs to be?  Thanks. 

Edited by Chuck Dreier

Same observation here. I think most here use GTN.

Edited by ST1322

Tom Link

Hi Chuck.

If you are using the G1000 display then the MFD will show you the current cycle that is installed. Here is how to see it. In the MFD there is a small window at the lower right side. There are four options in it plus some small boxes. These options are MAP WPT AUX NRST. Use the outer (larger) FMS knob to scroll to the AUX option. At the top of the display it should indicate the AUX - TRIP PLANNING page. Use the inner Smaller) knob to scroll to the last box. The display will now show that you are on the AUX - SYSTEM STATUS page. On the right hand side you will see four sections, the third one says AVIATION and the third line will show the EFFECTIVE cycle.

When you say about the opening screen, are you meaning the display that shows when you switch on the batteries? If so, that is a static image with fixed dates. With a bit of graphic work you can change the image to show the current cycle dates, but it would mean doing it  every 28 days.

Cheers...Ken.

Wait till you try to make it work... sometimes it doesn’t see runways sometimes it does. Sometimes it freaks out. Buggy as hell and sold for 9.99$ 😞 I’m wasting second evening already and I think I have had enough.

Tom Link

Chuck,

I use both, the Navigraph expansion package and the GTN 750 at different times when i fly the Phenom 300 . I have installed Bert Pieke's Mod( an excellent mod) in some of my Phenoms and use the native Navigraph package at other times.

Chuck , have you subscribed to Navigraph and downloaded the latest Airac cycle 1901?. This cycle should be installed in the same directory as the CarenadoNavigraph folder.