Sign in to follow this  
gordon94920

Installation Question FSX Steam

Purchased EMB505_Phonom300.  Installed in C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and it appeared to install correctly.  Plane does not show in list of planes.  Tried  article 205355247-How-do-I-install-an-aircraft- and added

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

above <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> line

Still doesn't show plane.

Downloaded and installed DLL and still doesn't show plane

Am i missing something?

Sorry, I am not an expert with fsx-se, but your path is not correct.  I think any payware aircraft will go into a DLC folder that is part of the Simobjects/Airplanes path.  The path you showed would lead to your FSX.cfg and other essential files

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX is the wrong folder.  There is a simobjects folder in this folder, but there is where FSX stores you aircraft "states" (state.CFG files) like the hours for the hobbs meters and custom callsigns for each aircraft.  If you used an installer, there should be an uninstaller. Run the uninstaller and this should remove the aircraft from your roaming directory.  I am assuming you have the Carenado version of the Phenon 300.  Unfortunately, the Carenado installers will not  prompt you with the proper directory to install an aircraft. You have to choose the proper install folder. If you chose the default folder when you installed FSX:SE, the folder you should select when prompted should be C:\Programs (X86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I installed Carenado B350i into the Airplane folder.  I'm thinking now that was probably wrong.   Carenado install app doesn't show the proper directory for FSX-Steam, so I just guessed.  FSX isn't working now.  I'm going to uninstall the add-on if I can, and try again, installing into  C:\Programs (X86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.  Does that sound right? 

On 3/15/2020 at 12:04 PM, Buck Creek said:

I installed Carenado B350i into the Airplane folder.  I'm thinking now that was probably wrong.   Carenado install app doesn't show the proper directory for FSX-Steam, so I just guessed.  FSX isn't working now.  I'm going to uninstall the add-on if I can, and try again, installing into  C:\Programs (X86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx.  Does that sound right? 

Yes, that path is perfect.  The DLC folder is where items purchased from the Steam store are installed into. 

Everything else goes into the same folders (or the root of FSX in this case) as things did with the Microsoft boxed FSX,

Frank Safranek - Alphasim/Virtavia Paint Crew

m4fs_banner.jpg