Sign in to follow this  
neil0311

Best terrain mesh for P3D

1 hour ago, slait said:

How does the resolution compare to the freemesh option?

Having used FreeMesh for over a year I can honestly say Topsim is an improvement.

It's not a quantum leap mind you, but it's noticeably better IMO. 

FreeMesh is great for what it is... FREE!  But Toposim isn't going to break the bank either, and with the sale going on I think it's well worth looking at....

With regards to Topsim....are there any issues with 3rd party/default airports (plateaus etc...)? If so do they offer a tool that corrects it? I have airports/stuff from FSDT, Fly Tampa, Reality Sim, Latin VFR, Drez, REX, Flightbeam, Wings Creation (no Orbx stuff).

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

21 minutes ago, udidwht said:

With regards to Topsim....are there any issues with 3rd party/default airports (plateaus etc...)? If so do they offer a tool that corrects it? I have airports/stuff from FSDT, Fly Tampa, Reality Sim, Latin VFR, Drez, REX, Flightbeam, Wings Creation (no Orbx stuff).

None that I've noted, but I haven't flown over every corner of the globe either.. lol

FWIW, I have some of the same add on's as you, namely Fly Tampa, Latin VFR, Flightbeam, REX4, and the full suite of ORBX FTX Global, the only elevation anomalies i've encounterd were related to ORBX Vector, and those were corrected with Vector AEC in FTX Central..

As one other poster noted earlier, Justin is very responsive to inquiries about issues like that...

Edited by SunDevil56

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Having used FreeMesh for over a year I can honestly say Topsim is an improvement.

It's not a quantum leap mind you, but it's noticeably better IMO. 

FreeMesh is great for what it is... FREE!  But Toposim isn't going to break the bank either, and with the sale going on I think it's well worth looking at....

Good to know, thank you. Is the global option representative of the regional options in terms of LOD, or do the smaller packs have higher LOD?

- Aaron

14 minutes ago, slait said:

Good to know, thank you. Is the global option representative of the regional options in terms of LOD, or do the smaller packs have higher LOD?

Check the site for all the details... http://ninetwopro.com/

I honestly don't remember, it's been over a year and a half since I installed it.

Well I've just bought Toposim's Europe Mesh, will be interesting to see how flying over the alps compares.

As far as elevations, when I install an addon airport. I always turn off the BGL in Orbx, so for Bergamo LIME I search in the ORBX directory and then change the extension to .OFF.

No issues with any addon since doing this.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

Toposim mesh sounds really interesting. I have Orbx Alaska and have never been happy with the resolution of the mesh. Can anyone advise how Toposim UltraMesh Alaska plays with Orbx Southern Alaska, including airports such as Valdez etc. EDIT: I've just read this on the website: Compatibility options with Orbx Southeast Alaska and Pacific Fjords... what does this actually mean, compatibility options?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

6 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Toposim mesh sounds really interesting. I have Orbx Alaska and have never been happy with the resolution of the mesh. Can anyone advise how Toposim UltraMesh Alaska plays with Orbx Southern Alaska, including airports such as Valdez etc.

Works great -- Alaska is the only place I use ORBX and am happy wth the results.... No prob with Valdez, Juneau, PANC, etc.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Just now, pgde said:

Works great -- Alaska is the only place I use ORBX and am happy wth the results.... No prob with Valdez, Juneau, PANC, etc.

Awesome! Is there a big enough difference visually?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Absolutely!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 minute ago, pgde said:

Absolutely!

Gracias! 😊

Howard

9 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Awesome! Is there a big enough difference visually?

Toposim Alaska is in "Ultra high res", so yeah, it's pretty awesome......

Here's an example... The Devil's Thumb, with Burkett needle in the background...

Exlfyp3.jpg

1 minute ago, SunDevil56 said:

Toposim Alaska is in "Ultra high res", so yeah, it's pretty awesome......

Here's an example... The Devil's Thumb, with Burkett needle in the background...

Exlfyp3.jpg

Downloading now! 

Howard

If I have every ORBX product...ie  Vector, Global, LC... AND a ton of their scenery around the world. Do I still need a MESH product?   If it would improve the sim, I'm all for it.  This Toposim product sounds great, and I will download it today if it won't "mess with" my ORBX installs.

Also, can this mesh be uninstalled without affecting my currently great-running P3d 4.4?

I look forward to your advice as always.

Stan