Sign in to follow this  
Gloryiam

Runways disappear at certain angles

Greetings all!

I've been having an issue with runways disappearing at certain angles at a few ORBX region airports (smaller ones, usually with only one runway). I have posted on the ORBX forums and there are others that replied who are also using Chaseplane and have the same issue. Below is a copy of what I posted in the ORBX forums at: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/165623-runway-disappears-at-certain-angles/

"I am using P3D v4.3 and I have the following ORBX products installed (all up to date):

• Libraries
  • Global BASE Pack
  • Global openLC North America
  • Global Trees HD
  • Global VECTOR
  • All the NA regions except for southern Alaska
  • About 2 dozen NA airports (though my issue doesn't happen at these airports)

The issue is that at several smaller and usually one runway airports (not any of the paid ones) all around the ORBX regions, the runway disappears at certain viewing angles. I am using Chaseplane but this issue persists even when Chaseplane is turned off. Also, it happens with all aircraft.

I don't recall all the airports that this has happened at but the ones I do know for sure are L54 and 1G4. I am including pics of the issue at L54 below. The same exact thing happens at 1G4 and several others.

(The first pic is at L54 at the beginning of RWY 29, the second is about half way down RWY 29, and the 3rd one is at the same position as the second with a slightly different view angle)"

Edit: I have tried different zoom levels and the issue persists.

nwUpBi3.jpg

gGp1fLB.jpg

Ab0hIzb.jpg

Edited by Gloryiam

Anyone else having issues with runways disappearing at certain angles? Or could support give me any hints as to what is causing this and how it might be resolved? Based on the replies on the ORBX forums, it seems that it has to do with Chaseplane or possibly just one of these things that one has to live with but I think and hope that there is some way to fix this besides stopping the use of Chaseplane 🙂

Edited by Gloryiam

I haven't posted in this support forum before this issue so I'm not sure how support is supposed to work but since I haven't seen any reply to this from a developer in several days, does that mean that there is no fix for this or is support for this product just very behind and that's why it's taking so long to reply?

The forums section's description:

This is the Official User-to-User Support Forum for OldProp Products.

Here's our website support section where you can get in touch with us: https://oldprop.com/sim/support/

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42