Sign in to follow this  
IanHarrison

PMDG Operation Centre

My Operation centre keeps on telling me that an update is available for the PMDG 747 v3. This update is dated 27.9.18 and is v 3.00.9019.

It doesn't matter how many time I say yes to download and update, it says it has updated but next time I check, the message returns. My version is currently sticking at 9008.

The new update just doesn't "stick".

How do I fix this?

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

49 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

My Operation centre keeps on telling me that an update is available for the PMDG 747 v3. This update is dated 27.9.18 and is v 3.00.9019.

It doesn't matter how many time I say yes to download and update, it says it has updated but next time I check, the message returns. My version is currently sticking at 9008.

The new update just doesn't "stick".

How do I fix this?

Ian Harrison

Did you run the OC as admin?

I had a problem with the 777x with updates (because mine was outdated), and when you update, command prompt opens and gives you almost like a log. I went and recorded the CMD (because the command prompt opened then quickly closed so I couldn't read it), I opened up a video editing software, slowed it down, and it said that the version was too old to update and I need to obtain a new installer in order for it to update properly.

However, this shouldn't happen with version 9008. I updated from 9008 to 9019 easily.

Run the OC as administrator, if it doesn't work, get a new installer as I believe the installer has the latest version I'm not too sure.

Edited by arwasairl

Aaron Kim

MOS 8502 @ 2Mhz, 512 KB 1750 Ram Expansion Unit, VIC-II E (40 columns mode), SID 6581 3-voice sound chip. 

그래요!! 

Ran OC as Admin. still get this after "updating":

Installed version 3.00.9008

Available version 3.00.9019

Installer shows as latest - no update available.

This is a brand new update of QOTSII done yesterday.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I'm having the same problem, can't update from version 3.00.9908 to 3.009194 i run ops center as admin with antivirus off but still no joy.

Tim

35 minutes ago, ttkl147 said:

I'm having the same problem, can't update from version 3.00.9908 to 3.009194 i run ops center as admin with antivirus off but still no joy.

Tim

Do you have any download accelerator programs installed in the PC? If yes remove them and try again. If you still have issues please open a support ticket from support.precisionmanuals.com

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

44 minutes ago, ttkl147 said:

Tim

Tim, in this case you have a newer version already than the one you are trying to install.

Fritz B. Boecker

4 hours ago, Pegaso said:

Tim, in this case you have a newer version already than the one you are trying to install.

Fritz B. Boecker

I think he meant 9008.

Kyle Rodgers

Yep my bad i did mean 9008, just to add the 747-8 updated ok?? its just the 747-4 i'm having trouble with

Tim

Edited by ttkl147

The way I resolved my problem (747-400 QOTS II) was to completely uninstall PMDG, re boot then re download and re-install PMDG. This then automatically gives you the option to update immediately.

This worked for me and I got the 9008 version with no problems.

I can't afford the 747-8, so I can't answer for that.