Sign in to follow this  
malct

most up to date Traffic

I bought UTLive last year believing that it would have the most up to date traffic in all the major airports, Mainly Doha, Bangkok but this is not the case and their suppose to be a power pack coming, but that's been coming now for 2 years.

UTlive does the job if your using airports that have been around since the first release of FSX, But its not.

Can anyone tell me if there are any other traffic programs that gives up to date airports.

I have emailed Traffic Global, But still waiting for a reply.

Any help would be great

I think in any simulator, what you want and desire is difficult to expect.  It is a simulator that has various degrees of realism to provide the effect of "being there".  There are no traffic programs that provide up to date airports.  Never has been and I do not think ever will be.  Many computer-wise individuals have been able to get various degrees of realism by editing the airports and the traffic program and I think that is going to be your best solution.  For instance, I want a traffic program that provides real flights at JFK and Dulles 100% of the time (I know the flights change constantly and it is hard to keep up with; still, I want the changes made as soon as they happen so my two airports are looking 100% all of the time).  I do not want them to move to Doha or Bangkok until they have given me my wish.

So, Houston, we have a problem.  UTLive has some procedures each owner can use to change individual airports and maybe many have already done this and just have not released the "power pack" they use.  Personally I do not go for the realism you seek as it would be extremely difficult to keep it accurate and, well, I would get very frustrated a lot.  As I recall, the amount of work that has to be done for each airport is extensive.  You have to develop flight plans for each flight and stuff like that and then compile.  Still, there are tools to allow you to do this and, if you are successful, it would be neat if you could upload the powerpack to the AVSIM Library so all of our members could enjoy the realism too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

UTL just released a new schedule. Because of personal health problems in the family, the developer needs more time with the PowerPack.  The PowerPack in UT2 was very effective to help add post-2006 airports, and I'm sure the UTL version will be the same.  I think it will be worth the wait.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The most up to date traffic is probably freeware AI using models such as FAIB, FSP and some 'older' ones like AIG. AIG offer updated flight plans every season and they're just now in the process of releasing the Winter 2018/19 schedules for a huge amount of airlines. You can use AI Flight Planner to download and install the repaints needed for each airline and their schedule. I just updated Delta including all the new A321's and A350's and their respective real world routes current as of Summer 2018. This is my preferred AI traffic solution by far. The only downside is that it takes quite some time to install the models and repaints to use with the schedules depending on how many airlines you want to have. Once you have the models and repaints installed, though, you can just make a backup and copy the folders back into FSX, should you need to reinstall. Updating to the newest schedule only requires downloading the flight plan and using AIFP to recompile a BGL file for FSX. So you just need to invest some hours once and after that it's just quick updates.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

TG has real world plans and includes VTBS ,UTGB, FALE , and loads more if you have the airport installed, or the compiler shows unknow airport, there are loads of them not in the sim due to out date data.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 hours ago, pracines said:

Correct but, FSAerodata is working on just that. There is hope.

It's just that carriers change their flight plans a lot, their gates, and it is hard to keep it up.  There needs to be a way for one to pick their favorite airports and then set them up as in real life with all the various tools.  Personally, I'm staying with the defaults.  That's enough immersion for me!!

• Like 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

5 hours ago, rjfry said:

TG has real world plans

Except that irl airplanes don't fly one return leg a day. The schedules are horrible. There would have to be well over a couple thousand 737's just to do Southwest. That's a lot of dormant aircraft.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Spent the day trying to download FLAi but ending up a nightmare with it wanting to download Net framework and freezing, unless its a big download. Anyways, Going to leave the PC on overnight and see if it completes the download.

Just had a email from traffic global, They say that Doha is not included in the software, But it might be at a later date.

Speaking to a member over on the UTlive forum, He has put me onto FLAi but when i try and download the file, Its telling me that it needs Net.framework 4.5.2, But my PC wont allow me to download it due to Windows installer blocking the download and even if i go into proprieties, It wont give me access even using Admin, So need to do more research into why its blocking the download.

Maybe i am out of my depth with trying to get these to work and just make do with other airports.

After 24 hours trying to get my head around this and trying different things, maybe i need to take a rest and come back next week unless someone can point me to some great software that i can use along side UTlive