Sign in to follow this  
baron580

Get Object to show in FSX Object placement Tool

Hi,

I recently got a file called mobile_home.zip from the AVSIM Library for use in some scenery design. It has 2 folders, Scenery and Texture. A bgl file in scenery and some DDS files in the texture folder. I copied the bgl to Addon Scenery -> Scenery and the dds files to the texture sub folder.

I started FSX and the updating scenery database dialog box appeared and then FSX started. I then selected Tools -> Object placement Tool and looked for mobile home in the scenery and mobile scenery but it is not showing up in the list of objects to use.

I also moved the addon scenery to the top in the library but it would still not show.

Can anybody please tell me how to get the Object Placement Tool to recognise an object for use or where to place the non default object and textures in FSX.

I guess what I'm asking here is how you import a non default object into FSX and enable it for use by the Object placement Tool.

Thanks, hope somebody can help.