Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Music

Does this happen to you?

Has this happened to you ? This morning I am very excited to check out the new Portland airport scenery so I load up a PMDG 737, Active Sky and a FP from KSFO to KPDX only to get there and find the visibility has dropped to 0.3 of a mile. I have to do an Autoland and I can't see nuttin'!!!! Jokes on me!

img%5D

• Like 6

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Oh ya. Very frustrating. But all part of the deal, isn't it?

Mario Di Lauro

Regularly!
Recently after installing the new EPKK scenery, I have hit a real weather season of fog, low visibility and precipitation.
So in my flights I haven't seen a piece of my new airport or the nearby city scenery. Until I finally decided not to launch ActiveSky, select default fair weather, Cessna and went for a sightseeing ride. 😀

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

and I can't see nuttin'!!!!

what annoys me (& many others) is the lack of daytime low visibility airfield & approach lighting at most of FB's airports .... given other developers do & recently some are using SODE to include such with conditional visibility options.

for now, cheers

john martin

That happens with AS! More often than i would like during winter months here in NC. Half the time i have to turn around and high-tail it back to better weather! I should have read the AS weather briefing more closely for the destination airport!

Funny enough, I did a flight from KLAX to KPDX this morning and had 1/4 mile visibility and low ceiling so didn't get a chance to check out the nice approach scenery😄  That being said, the airport lights were visible from a couple miles out even though visibility was very low.  I'm not sure if that is a scenery issue or something else???  I don't recall ever seeing that in P3D...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

46 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

That being said, the airport lights were visible from a couple miles out even though visibility was very low. 

Eric

Interesting, given FB advise there is no daytime lighting of runway / taxiway / approach lights (yet).

If you arrived at / around dawn there could be said lighting for a short while.

for now, cheers

john martin

I sometimes think we often put too much emphasis on real weather. I know it's cool, but when you weigh things up, it isn't really a deal breaker to create your own weather and fly in the conditions you prefer 😊 Just sayin!

• Upvote 2

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

8 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I sometimes think we often put too much emphasis on real weather. I know it's cool, but when you weigh things up, it isn't really a deal breaker to create your own weather and fly in the conditions you prefer 😊 Just sayin!

I do like the challenge of real weather, and as you know AS will change slightly while enroute. Makes it a little more real. 

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 minute ago, Midnight Music said:

I do like the challenge of real weather, and as you know AS will change slightly while enroute. Makes it a little more real. 

I agree 100% Lee, I wouldn't fly anything else, but I guess I'm just throwing ideas around.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

25 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Valid point, I just can’t seem to be into it if I don’t use real weather, In fact I can’t remember last time I used the sim without real weather, I’m talking years and years and years ago.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I agree....I do love real weather as much as the next simmer....but sometimes I just want to enjoy the scenery and take an uncomplicated flight, and there are actually clear days when you get beautiful dusk departures like this outta' Salt Lake....

v4WQhx.jpg

Headed up to Yellowstone and I have to say the flight, scenery and sky were stunning. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I agree....I do love real weather as much as the next simmer....but sometimes I just want to enjoy the scenery and take an uncomplicated flight, and there are actually clear days when you get beautiful dusk departures like this outta' Salt Lake....

v4WQhx.jpg

Headed up to Yellowstone and I have to say the flight, scenery and sky were stunning. 🙂

My point exactly Steve 😉

Howard

You should of tried to get into lowi yesterday weather was terrible. as well as the weekend 777 warriors on school holidays

14ppkc-6.png