Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Not Recognizing AI Traffic

Was # 3 for take off at KPDX - was cleared to take off through the other 2 planes....is there something I need to do so it knows about other traffic - Using Ultimate Traffic Live - thanks!

Chuck

Edited by Chuck Steinmetz

1 hour ago, Chuck Steinmetz said:

Was # 3 for take off at KPDX - was cleared to take off through the other 2 planes....is there something I need to do so it knows about other traffic - Using Ultimate Traffic Live - thanks!

Chuck

I’m not sure that P2A sees traffic generated with UT Live. I’ve had the same thing happen. I don’t know if it has to do with the fact UTL doesn’t use a BGL system.

NAX669.png

Pilot2ATC can only see X Plane AI.    WT3 for example controls these AI aircraft and allows the interface to Pilot2ATC to work.

On 1/6/2019 at 3:01 PM, JeB1952 said:

Pilot2ATC can only see X Plane AI.    WT3 for example controls these AI aircraft and allows the interface to Pilot2ATC to work.

Coming back to XP and Pilot2ATC after about a year.  Just purchased WT3 and I'm still a bit confused about how these work together (or indeed if they work together).

I have seen the "workaround" where we add World Traffic AI planes to the XP AI on the settings page as described in the sticky at the top of the page.  I was wondering if that just allows the XP AI to use those low-resolution models, or does it somehow "link" the WT3 generated flights to be seen in Pilot2ATC?  

Obviously I have no idea how this works.  I don't really understand how WT3 generates flights, and how this is different from the way XP usually generates traffic. 

Really, I'm just looking for better airport traffic that is compatible with Pilot2ATC, without the big performance hit of using the normal AI planes.  

Thanks.

I know the procedure is documented quite a few places.

1.Add AI in x plane selecting AIPLANE.ACF (Wt3 provided)  DO NOT USE X plane aircraft too performance heavy.

2.In WT3 preferences  have WT3 controls AI turned off when changing the number of AI.  It may be required to restart x plane to reload wt3 and then enable that WT3 controls XP AI.

3.Start up pilot2atc, connect to your aircraft.  Create your flight with WT3.  Now at the bottom of P2ATC map you will see a little plane in a square box.  Click 3 times to show airborne and on the ground.

I think WT3 will control the closest craft using the XP AI and then in P2ATC AI Traffic settings control how much p2a will nag.

Check in the WT3 forum as there are many Piilot2atc users there with the same interest.  Not everyone here uses WT3.

1 hour ago, ckelly14 said:

Coming back to XP and Pilot2ATC after about a year.  Just purchased WT3 and I'm still a bit confused about how these work together (or indeed if they work together).

The short answer is they do not work together. The only interaction you can have for now is to make up to 19 WT3 generated aircraft visible for P2ATC. That's what you already discovered:

I have seen the "workaround" where we add World Traffic AI planes to the XP AI on the settings page as described in the sticky at the top of the page.  I was wondering if that just allows the XP AI to use those low-resolution models, or does it somehow "link" the WT3 generated flights to be seen in Pilot2ATC?

As mentioned, it just makes the WT3 aircraft visible for P2ATC and this way they also will show up on your TCAS. 

Obviously I have no idea how this works.  I don't really understand how WT3 generates flights, and how this is different from the way XP usually generates traffic. 

It would be beyond the scope of this P2ATC forum to describe the differences, just be told they are huge. 😉

Really, I'm just looking for better airport traffic that is compatible with Pilot2ATC, without the big performance hit of using the normal AI planes

Then you already have what you're looking for, at least as far as possible at this stage. P2ATC will warn you for traffic nearby you and will issue a go around to you in case there's traffic on the runway you are approaching, or it will tell you to hold short and wait for incoming traffic. That's pretty much it, at least until Greg and Dave, the developers of these plugins really start to work on some interface. 

22 minutes ago, RobW05 said:

The short answer is they do not work together. The only interaction you can have for now is to make up to 19 WT3 generated aircraft visible for P2ATC. That's what you already discovered:

As mentioned, it just makes the WT3 aircraft visible for P2ATC and this way they also will show up on your TCAS. 

It would be beyond the scope of this P2ATC forum to describe the differences, just be told they are huge. 😉

Then you already have what you're looking for, at least as far as possible at this stage. P2ATC will warn you for traffic nearby you and will issue a go around to you in case there's traffic on the runway you are approaching, or it will tell you to hold short and wait for incoming traffic. That's pretty much it, at least until Greg and Dave, the developers of these plugins really start to work on some interface. 

Thanks to both of you.   This is perfect and it'll work for what I am looking for.

One additional question:  With this configuration, will there be other WT3 generated aircraft in addition to the 19 mentioned that P2ATC will not see?  I assume yes...