Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[05JAN19] Quick NOTAM for P3D 4.0-4.3 users of the 747

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Landing is fine. I have done 2 landing one was -136 and one was -85. You did read the Change log didn’t you?

You were also asked to add your real name to your Sig. you must of not read that also

Please tell me which aircraft you land, 747-400 or 747-8? my prolbem is with 748. And I go over the change log, still don't find anything of air dynamic changes.

by the way, I never use FD when landing. 

thank you for remind me of Sig.

Edited by WillWang

18 minutes ago, WillWang said:

Please tell me which aircraft you land, 747-400 or 747-8? my prolbem is with 748. And I go over the change log, still don't find anything of air dynamic changes.

by the way, I never use FD when landing. 

thank you for remind me of Sig.

Wilhelm, are you disconnecting A/T when you disconnect A/P in the -8?  This is the recommended procedure, and if you are not reducing thrust at 30 AGL then you will have the problems you described.

Dan Downs KCRP

Gents,

A gentle nudge about "hijacking" a thread.

This thread is not a general discussion of any issue you can think of.  If you have something to ask or say that is unrelated to the topic in this thread, please start a thread of your own.

It will allow others to benefit from the general discourse.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

Wilhelm, are you disconnecting A/T when you disconnect A/P in the -8?  This is the recommended procedure, and if you are not reducing thrust at 30 AGL then you will have the problems you described.

thank you for provide information. I fly 748F with max payload for over 2 months, and yes, I disconnect A/T when I disconnect A/P when landing, and yes when I start flare, I reduce thrust to idle gentlely. these are not problem. you should try to land a updateed 748F, you will see now it is a different airplane.

3 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

A gentle nudge about "hijacking" a thread.

This thread is not a general discussion of any issue you can think of.  If you have something to ask or say that is unrelated to the topic in this thread, please start a thread of your own.

It will allow others to benefit from the general discourse. 

Sorry for that, I am so anxious because I really love this plane. and I send you a message about this

Sorry again for "hijacking"

1 minute ago, WillWang said:

thank you for provide information. I fly 748F with max payload for over 2 months, and yes, I disconnect A/T when I disconnect A/P when landing, and yes when I start flare, I reduce thrust to idle gentlely. these are not problem. you should try to land a updateed 748F, you will see now it is a different airplane.

I beta tested the -8F and I did not see any difference in landing. Please start a new topic with a description of your problem instead of clogging up a thread that is intended to be a note on a specific issue not related to yours. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Wilhelm,

Unfortunately you are victim to the fact that we had TOO much ground effect in the previous version.  By about 300%.

It will require you to adjust your technique- but if flown properly it will land correctly now.

Also:  Your initial post seemed to indicate that your technique was to not flare, but to let ground effect cushion the landing.  I hope I misunderstood that because that is NOT a good technique in this (or really any) airplane.

Hope that helps- and please do create your own thread for items that you are interested in.  This thread is not about landing, but is about folks having trouble updating to the new version.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

7 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Also:  Your initial post seemed to indicate that your technique was to not flare, but to let ground effect cushion the landing.  I hope I misunderstood that because that is NOT a good technique in this (or really any) airplane.

Well, unless one likes landing half way down the runway and exploring how well airport overrun areas now work (if there is one)! 🙂

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

19 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Wilhelm,

Unfortunately you are victim to the fact that we had TOO much ground effect in the previous version.  By about 300%.

It will require you to adjust your technique- but if flown properly it will land correctly now.

Hope that helps- and please do create your own thread for items that you are interested in.  This thread is not about landing, but is about folks having trouble updating to the new version.

Change log on the update.

0007294: [AFDS - General] for both 400 and -8 floating too much (emvaos) - resolved.

PMDG out by 300%? Not like you guys 🙂 unless we are talking release dates 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

44 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

Wilhelm,

Ah, that would explain the crater I just left in 09 at MIA. lol

Alex Pugh

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

PMDG out by 300%? Not like you guys 🙂 unless we are talking release dates 🙂 

ZING!

Well played 😂

Kyle Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Ah, that would explain the crater I just left in 09 at MIA. lol

😂🍻

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

4 hours ago, st1300rider said:

there are some outstanding issues that have been reported with the 4.4 update concerning with "other" developers. Some minor, some glaring. So I will just hold out until there are reasonable fixes

Get it updated pal, i waited just few weeks until the basics was released(Weather and stuff), now i can say is a more stable SIM, new features and lot of expectations on the PBR thingy...

No more worries, lets go flying!     🍻

c5LAynr4O8fJPi-lX5x6tOGAsJASCQCUHsOp6aIt

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Um can we keep this on topic please so I don't have to read thru a  bunch of issues not related to the issue I/We are having??

• Like 1

Peter Osborn