Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

After update no click spots, switches or panel available

Hello,

Looking for some help with this...

After the update of the 747 QOTSII running with P3Dv4.3, the aircraft loaded up but none of the click spots for any of the switches is available in the cockpit. No hand icon shows and all panels are blank. Unable to power the aircraft on, no access to the FMS, PMDG menus etc

I tried a different (default P3D v4) aircraft and cockpit panel and switches work OK. Rebooted PC after the update but no change.

Only change on the system was to perform the latest 747 update via the PMDG OC.

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Thx for the info.

I hope they figure out what the issue is as I have no desire right now to move to 4.4. The PBR enhancements are a nice to have but flying the Queen from the cockpit is more important to me.

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

5 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Thx for the info.

I hope they figure out what the issue is as I have no desire right now to move to 4.4. The PBR enhancements are a nice to have but flying the Queen from the cockpit is more important to me.

Regards

Mark

Currently there are a few addons supporting pbr. As far as aircraft only the f16 that comes standard has it to my knowledge.

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

Why not update? Uninstall the client, and install the new client. Took me 5 min yesterday (and it's partially how we found out about the interim fix).

It's not like 4.4 is unstable. People have been using it without issue for weeks. Don't get me wrong. I didn't update until yesterday because I didn't really feel like it, but given a reason and seeing that it was stable...why not?

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

why not?

I felt the same first day, But I just gave it a try after a week after release, all of a sudden everything was Clock working, I'm happy so far, Also for my wooden machine, a minor FPS increase but a huge Memory usage Decrease, like from 5GB to 2.2GB ... getting Much more Smooth pictures now!

Regards.

I have the issue on P3D V4.4.  Installed P3d properly by uninstalling content and client first and following the LM documented procedures.  App listing in windows shows 4.4.16.27077.

Running Activesky, GSX at Elgin default airport.

So it appears as if it happens on 4.4 as well.

One thing I did do was re-download a livery (Singapore cargo) as all my liveries were gone for the 8.  I got a warning message asking if ok to overwrite, as the texture existed.  I said yes to both prompts.  Hope that helps.

Richard Fiery

Edited by RFiery
Typo

-Rick Fiery

6 minutes ago, RFiery said:

I have the issue on P3D V4.4.  Installed P3d properly by uninstalling content and client first and following the LM documented procedures.  App listing in windows shows 4.4.16.27077.

Running Activesky, GSX at Elgin default airport.

So it appears as if it happens on 4.4 as well.

One thing I did do was re-download a livery (Singapore cargo) as all my liveries were gone for the 8.  I got a warning message asking if ok to overwrite, as the texture existed.  I said yes to both prompts.  Hope that helps.

Richard Fiery

Operations Center had another message for repairing liveries and another (?) update required.  I applied and this seemed to solve the issue. Sorry for false flag.

Richard

-Rick Fiery

53 minutes ago, RFiery said:

Run P3D. Help > About.

What is shown there?

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Run P3D. Help > About.

What is shown there?

Did u see my subsequent post? 2nd Op center update fixed it. It is 4.4.0.0

-Rick Fiery

2 minutes ago, RFiery said:

Did u see my subsequent post? 2nd Op center update fixed it. It is 4.4.0.0

Glad to hear it.

Kyle Rodgers