Sign in to follow this  
SimeonWilbury

'Display driver stopped responding' error with PBR P3Dv4.4

Hi all,

I recently updated my P3D Version to Version 4.4, I did this by uninstalling the old client and installing the new one, as I saw reccomended by a google search (it was my first time updating P3D)

I have also taken the update as an opportunity to use the new update for the Leonardo Maddog X. However, interestingly, trying to load the Maddog in with PBR Textures causes my Graphics card to Crash. I get a popop from Windows claiming: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered", which subsequently crashes P3D. I have had this issue before and fixed it by deleting my generated filed, however in this case un-ticking the PBR textures option for the Leonardo Maddog was enough to prevent the error from occuring.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this due to a fault in my P3D setup or my Maddog Installation (I don't appear to have the texture issues that signify a bad installation on the Maddog)?

In case it helps here is a quick listing of my PC Specs:

• CPU: AMD FX-8350 (OC-able but not OCed to my knowledge)
  • GPU: MSI Radeon RX-570 8G
  • 16GB DDR3 Ram

Many thanks,

Martin.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

To use the MaddogX with PBR you should also update your Content portion of P3D, not only the Client. Look for guidance at the Maddog forums.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

22 minutes ago, edpatino said:

To use the MaddogX with PBR you should also update your Content portion of P3D, not only the Client. Look for guidance at the Maddog forums.

Cheers, Ed

Many thanks, I will be sure to update that portion before setting up my next flight.

Thanks,

Martin

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

Hi, sorry to ressurect this again, but I recently took the time to reinstall both the Content and the Scenery for 4.4, and it appears I am still getting the same crashes. I am assuming there is still something not quite right in how I have things set up, any support would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Martin.

edit: well, after yet more wrangling it appears that I've managed to get everything working, the solution: updating my graphics drivers, the one time that's actually fixed my issues for once lol, anyway thanks for the advice on this thread.

Edited by SimeonWilbury

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png